This Overnight Weetabix is a new easy healthy breakfast idea. Perfect for meal prep and you can try different toppings to flavour it up!
If you’re looking for a new easy healthy breakfast, you must try Overnight Weetabix! Also known as Overnight Weetbix if you're in Australia 🙂
It's great for meal prep as you make it the night before which saves so much time in the morning. All you need to do is grab your spoon and dive in!
It's quite similar to Overnight Oats in many ways. You start with your base ingredients, and you can then add different toppings or additions to flavour it up! This Tiramisu Overnight Oats is my current go-to!
Here I've shared two of my favourites flavors to make Biscoff Overnight Weetabix and a Berry version, but the options are endless. With the creamy yogurt top layer, it tastes like a healthy strawberry cheesecake.
I eat overnight oats every morning so when I saw the overnight weet-bix trend on social media, I knew I had to try it! It's not only tasty but it keeps you full for hours which is great too.
What is Weetabix?
Weetabix or Weet-bix depending on whether you are from the UK, Australia or New Zealand are wheat biscuits made from whole grains and are commonly served as a breakfast cereal.
They're traditionally eaten with milk and toppings such as fruit, honey etc. You can of course eat them dry too and make plenty of other recipes from them!
Being Australian, I grew up eating Weet-bix since childhood 🙂
Ingredients to make Overnight Weetabix
- Weetabix or Weet-bix is of course the star of the show! If in the case you can't get your hands on some, you can also use rolled oats too with the same method
- Milk is added to the base and is what the Weetabix is soaked in. You can use your preferred milk, I love using almond milk but you can also use oat milk, soy milk, or regular milk
- Maple syrup or honey is added to the base for a little sweetness. If you prefer your breakfast on the sweeter side, I would recommend doubling the amount in the recipe. Some other substitutions are agave or even brown or coconut sugar
- Banana is sliced and added in between the base and yogurt top for extra nutrients and fiber
- Yogurt is used as the top layer, I prefer to use plain flavour then add toppings. You can use any type of yogurt whether it's Greek yogurt or to keep it vegan, use a dairy free option such as coconut yogurt or cashew yogurt
Toppings and Flavours
The toppings and additions are endless when making Overnight Weetbix. You use the basic recipe then can add flavours into the yogurt layer, or even just on top.
Some ideas are:
- Biscoff - I’ve used the spread and biscuit in my below recipe. Similar to a healthy Banoffee pie
- Berries such as blueberries, raspberries, strawberries, or even blackberries
- Nut butters such as peanut butter, almond butter, hazelnut butter
- Protein powder or high-protein yogurt
- Nutella or chocolate spread
- Cacao nibs
- Other fruits such as kiwi fruit, peaches, nectarines, apple
How to make Overnight Weetabix
Time needed: 5 minutes.
- Prepare base layer
Crush up the 2 weetabix biscuits in a container or bowl. Add maple syrup or honey and milk of choice, mix together and flatten the mixture to make an even layer
- Make yogurt mixture
In a separate bowl, add the yogurt and either melted Biscoff spread or a teaspoon of maple syrup/honey and whisk together
- Layer fruit and yogurt mixture
Add banana slices on top of the Weetabix layer and top with the yogurt. Using the back of a spoon, level out the yogurt on top.
(If making the Berry flavour, add the berries on top)
- Place in fridge
Place the lid on and refrigerate for a few hours or overnight
- Serve it up
The next morning, top with either a crushed biscoff biscuit or an extra drizzle of honey right before serving, and enjoy your Overnight Weetabix!
Tips and Tricks
- Add the extra toppings of your choice in the morning right before serving. This keeps crunchy toppings still crisp such as granola, cacao, nuts etc
- Use un-sweetened plain yogurt and then add flavoring. This way you can adjust the sweetness levels yourself and will usually be healthier this way
- Make overnight weetabix the night before or a few hours before eating. Leaving it in the fridge for longer can get a little too mushy
Overnight Weetabix takes a few hours or can also be made overnight as part of meal prep
Overnight Weetbix can last in the fridge for up to 3 days. I however prefer eating it the next morning otherwise it can be a little too mushy
Yes, the base ingredients are all wholefoods which is quite healthy. It will of course depend on what toppings and additions you add however there are many options to keep these healthy too
More Breakfast Recipes
- Custard Yogurt Toast (Viral Tiktok Recipe)
- Tiramisu Overnight Oats
- Healthy French Toast
- Pesto Eggs
- Protein Bagels
- Zucchini Corn Fritters
I love seeing your creations and remakes, so be sure to rate the recipe, comment and share your Overnight Weetabix photo on Instagram so I can share the love!
- 2 Weetabix or Weet-bix
- ½ cup milk - I've used almond milk
- 1 teaspoon maple syrup or honey
- ½ banana sliced
- 100 g dairy free yogurt or Greek yoghurt
Biscoff Overnight Weetabix
- 1 tablespoon melted biscoff spread
- 1 crushed biscoff biscuit
Berry Overnight Weetabix
- 1-2 tsp maple syrup or honey
- Handful mixed berries
- Crush up the 2 Weetabix biscuits in a container or bowl. Add maple syrup or honey and milk of choice, mix together and flatten the mixture to make an even layer
Biscoff Overnight Weetabix
- In a separate bowl, add the yogurt and either the melted biscoff spread and whisk together
- Add the banana slices on top of the Weetabix layer and top with the yogurtUsing the back of a spoon, level out the yogurt on top
- Place the lid on and refrigerate a few hours or overnight. To serve, top with a crushed biscoff biscuit and enjoy!
Berry Overnight Weetabix
- In a separate bowl, add the yogurt a teaspoon of maple syrup/honey and whisk together
- Using the back of a spoon, level out the yogurt on top. Then add the mixed berries on top
- Place the lid on and refrigerate a few hours or overnight.Right before serving drizzle extra honey on top and enjoy your Overnight Weetabix!