This Zucchini Corn Fritters recipe makes a great healthy breakfast or brunch option, which is super fluffy and packed full of flavour.
The perfect brunch dish to make on the weekend are my Zucchini Corn Fritters. They are light and fluffy, packed full of flavour, and are super healthy as they are baked in the oven.
These are a regular in my house, which I love serving with a good spoon of herbed yoghurt.
If you have any leftovers, they are also delicious to enjoy the next day as a snack or even for kids school lunches.
Zucchini Corn fritters are a great recipe to make when zucchini is in season. They're perfect to eat in Summer along with the colder months too!
If you love fritters, you must also try my classic Frittelle di Zucchine which are Italian zucchini fritters.
Ingredients to make Zucchini Corn Fritters
- Zucchini is the star so ensure they are nice and fresh, and preferably in season
- Corn which can be fresh corn, canned or frozen
- Red onion, I love the sweetness of red onions but you can also use white or green onions
- Eggs help bind the mixture together, I always prefer to use free-range eggs
- Flour to help draw the excess moisture. I've used chickpea flour which is also gluten free but you can also use all purpose flour, whole wheat flour or your preferred flour
- Parmesan cheese, you can also use a different hard cheese to ensure completely vegetarian, or also a dairy free cheese if you prefer
- Fresh Herbs bring a nice freshness. coriander/cilantro or parsley are my favourite herbs to use
- Baking powder a touch of baking powder helps the fritters become nice and fluffy and not dry out
How to make Zucchini Corn Fritters
Time needed: 45 minutes.
- Preheat Oven
Preheat oven to 220°C /425°F
- Prepare mixture
Grate the zucchini into a tea towel with a bowl underneath. Then squeeze out the excess liquid.
Add all the other ingredients except for the olive oil in a separate bowl and mix well, then proceed to add the zucchini and mix through.
- Make the fritters
Using your hands, roll the mixture into balls and place on an oven tray. Use the back of a spoon to gently flatten the balls slightly to resemble a round disk.
Brush on some olive oil and put in the oven for 25 minutes. Let them rest for a few minutes and serve with a good spoon of yoghurt dip!
Tips to make healthy Zucchini Corn Fritters
- Make sure to grate the zucchini in a clean towel and let them stand on the side for 10 minutes while you gather the remaining ingredients. This allows the excess liquid to come out
- Then ensure you squeeze all the excess water out completely otherwise it will make your fritters wet and soggy
- If using canned or frozen corn, pat dry the kernels with paper towels before adding them to the bowl, as you don’t want to add the excess water
- If the mixture is too wet while you are handling it and rolling into balls, you can add extra flour if needed
- A key component for the fritters to be nice and fluffy is baking powder, especially as they are cooked in the oven as they can dry out
- If you prefer, you can also pan fry them in oil with a skillet over medium heat
- You can also cook in an air fryer them which will reduce the cooking time slightly
Yes once they have been cooked. If you freeze before they are cooked they will become watery once thawed out.
Store in an airtight container in the fridge for 3-5 days
Generally, they are fried in oil, however, this recipe is baked in the oven with minimal oil. Equally cooking in the air fryer will also work.
More Breakfast Recipes
- Baked Oats
- Vegan Blueberry Pancakes
- Tiramisu Overnight Oats
- Bangin Breakfast Burger
- Healthy Banana Bread
I love seeing your creations and remakes, so be sure to rate the recipe, comment and share your Zucchini Corn Fritters photo on Instagram so I can share the love!
Zucchini Corn Fritters
- 3 medium zucchini
- 1 cup corn kernels, they can be fresh/canned or frozen and thawed
- ½ red onion diced into small cubes
- 2 eggs
- ½ cup flour (I've used chickpea flour)
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ cup parmesan cheese
- Handful of chopped coriander/cilantro or parsley
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Olive oil
Yoghurt Herb Dip
- 5 tablespoon plain Greek yoghurt
- Good pinch of dried dill
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 220°C /425°F and line an oven tray with baking paper
- Place a clean tea towel in a bowl, using a box grater, grate zucchini into the towel and leave aside for 10 minutes
- In a separate large bowl, add the corn, onion, herbs, eggs, parmesan cheese and season.
- Now back to the shredded zucchini, hold the tea towel up, and squeeze out the excess liquid from the grated zucchini. You want to remove as much of the liquid as you can
- Add zucchini to the other ingredients, add the flour and baking powder and mix together well.
- Spoon some of the mixture, and using your hands, roll into balls and place on a tray lined with baking paper. If the mixture is too wet, you can add a little more flour
- Once mixture is finished, with your fingers, gently flatten the balls slightly to resemble a round disk.
- With a kitchen brush, brush olive oil to the tops then place tray into the oven to cook
- After 20 minutes or when slightly golden they are done!
- Let them rest for a few minutes on a cooling rack, stack them up and serve with a good spoon of the yoghurt dip!
Yoghurt Herb Dip
- Mix yoghurt herb dip ingredients in a bowl and serve