This is my recipe for the viral Tiktok Baked Oats trend. It feels like eating a healthy cake for breakfast.
Baked Oats are the new trending recipe all over social media and it's one I'm super excited about! I mean who wouldn't be excited about the idea of eating a “cake” like dish for breakfast and still be a balanced healthy meal??
You can see all of my baking recipes including my Banana Bread, Strawberry Muffins, Banana Chocolate Slice and even my Pancake recipe all use rolled oats as the “flour” component so I had to make my version of this viral TikTok concept.
Here I’ve made Almond Banana Baked Oats which is so easy to make, delicious, and extremely healthy being full of nutrients to get your day started.
If your after an egg-less version, I've also made Vegan Baked Oats in the microwave, so be sure to check it out.
Another way I love to eat oats are making Overnight Oats. A fun and delicious way to eat them is making Tiramisu overnight oats... YUM!
Table of Contents
Ingredients to Make Baked Oats
- Rolled Oats are the base of the dish which are blended to make oat flour. You can use quick oats or oat flour however steel-cut oats will have a much coarser texture so I wouldn't recommend using them.
- Ripe Banana is added for it's sweetness and soft texture, you can also substitute with apple sauce
- Egg is used to bind the ingredients together along with creating an airy texture. You can also substitute with using a flax egg or increasing the milk ratio however the timing and texture will be slightly different.
- Almond milk is always my preferred milk of choice but you can also use your preferred milk
- Maple syrup is used as a sweetener, you can also use honey or agave
- Vanilla extract is added for a subtle vanilla flavour
- Baking powder is used to help the oats fluff up into a cake-like texture
- Cinnamon is added for its beautiful smell and taste
- Pinch of salt added for some flavour
I also love adding different flavours in the middle. These are some alternatives you can use:
- Biscoff spread
- Peanut butter
- Almond butter
- Raspberries, blueberries or strawberries
- I always find it's best to blend oats into oat flour to start with. This achieves a much smoother batter quicker and will assist with a softer texture once cooked
- When picking your banana, the riper the banana the better as it will provide a naturally sweeter taste
- Don't over blend the mixture as you want the batter to remain airy
- Make sure to grease your ramekin well before adding the mixture. I prefer brushing on melted coconut oil but you can also use oil spray
More Breakfast Recipes
- Zucchini Corn Fritters
- Tiramisu Overnight Oats
- Vegan Blueberry Pancakes
- Persian Shakshuka
- Healthy Banana Bread
I love seeing your creations and remakes, so be sure to rate the recipe, comment and share your Baked Oats photo on Instagram so I can share the love!
- ½ cup rolled oats
- ½ ripe banana
- 1 egg
- 3 tablespoon almond milk
- ¼ teaspoon cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- Pinch of salt
- Melted coconut oil or cooking oil spray
- 1 tablespoon flaked almonds
- Fresh sliced banana
- Drizzle of almond butter
- Maple syrup (optional)
- Preheat oven to 180°C/350°F
- Blend oats in a high speed blender to create a fine oat flour
- Add the banana, egg, milk, cinnamon, baking powder, maple syrup, vanilla and salt into the blender and blend for 10-20 seconds until well combined. It should be a thick runny cake batter-like consistency (If batter is too thick, add a splash of extra milk)
- Grease a small ramekin by brushing melted coconut oil or cooking spray, making sure to coat the bottom and all the sides
- Pour the batter into the ramekin and gently tap it on the kitchen benchtop to flatten the top
- Add the flaked almonds to the top evenly and place in the oven for 20-25 minutes depending on oven strength.
- Remove and check if its cooked all the way through by sticking in a toothpick in to the centre. It should come out mostly clean with a few crumbs. If it's still wet, it may need an extra few minutes depending on your oven strength.
- Let it cool for 5 minutes then garnish by adding some sliced bananas, a good drizzle of almond butter and dig in!
I’m so excited to try this! looks so easy and delicious!
Hi...this looks yummy. Want to try it... Is the almond butter used ...the crunchy one? Sweetened? ..can u say wch brand u buy? ...thank you.
This is smooth natural almond butter. Its best to buy a natural brand with only almonds as the ingredient xx
If using applesauce instead of a banana how much do we use? 1/4 cup? 1/2 cup? Thank you. This looks fabulous.
1/4 cup should be suffice lovely 🙂 let me know how you go xxx
I haven’t tried it yet but I am wondering if it can be frozen once baked?!
Can’t wait to give this a go this weekend!
It sure can lovely x
So happy you liked it Lola 🙂
I have this for dessert! Just perfect, it's the right balance, and so great when you just need a snack. I multiply the ingredients to suit my family (ok it's just me). I just love food. It even tastes great cold.
Yes! I have it in the late afternoons as a sweet snack too 🙂
Oh my HIGH ratings for this beauty !! SO easy to make and using this base recipe.. I love how you can make many variations and is still totally FAIL-PROOF! Texture on point with softness & spongyness. Refined sugarfree which is a winner! Enjoying a guilty pleasure GUILT FREE! You ROCK Ayeh!!
Aw so happy to hear that lovely xxx
Simply delicious , hardly takes 5 minutes to make. It is also a very healthy option..
So good! Ive been having it as an afternoon snack lately 🙂
I don’t give five stars easily however this rates a sixth one. Flawless. 90 seconds in the microwave and I am in cake heaven!
I was a doubter however I needn’t worry.
Thanks for the YouTube, I took your advice and ground the oatmeal first and added the rest of the ingredients. I put it into one large ramekin and then prayed it didn’t overflow, it didn’t. Can’t wait to try more variations!
So happy to hear that Karen! xxxx
Thank you for the lovely feedback xx
Can it be microwaved instead of baking?
Hi dear yes you can microwave for 2 mins xxx
Could you please tell me how many calories this is?
Will have a nutritional table up very soon on each recipe
By far the tastiest thing Iv made !!! It defo tastes like a dessert . Didn’t feel guilty finishing the whole thing !
Its like a cake for brekky right! xx
Favourite go-to Breaky! Super easy to make, especially for someone who isn’t very good in the kitchen! Love all of Ayehs recipes, would highly recommend.
So happy to hear thar AJ 🙂
My mixture ended up too runny. What did I do wrong?
Runny after its been cooked dear? How long did you bake it for? xx
Very easy to make with few ingredients easily available at home! Love love love it. So tasty. Thanks to you Ayeh for creating recipes that everyone can make easily at their homes.
So happy to hear that Sai, you are most welcome 🙂
Such a delicious breakfast!! Worth a try!
So good right 🙂
Loved this - thanks!
I also slightly amended the recipe for my toddlers. I added blended almonds and used full cream milk. Perfect!
So happy your little ones loved them too !! xx
This turned out exactly as I had hoped. I enjoyed mine with Banana and yoghurt 🙂
Yum so happy you like the recipe! Yoghurt is so good with it isnt it xxx
Absolutely delicious recipe, very filling. I’m on a WW plan so I lessened the amount of nuts and syrup. Next try I will add some fresh fruit and/or sugar substitute for the syrup. I’m so glad I found you on Instagram, love your ideas and your personality. Thank you.
So happy you're here too sweety! so glad you could also alter it to suit your plan and still enjoyed it xxxx
Amazing and it tastes delicious!!!
Yummy one of my fav go -to brekkies 🙂
So happy to have found this recipe! Love that your recipes are always easy to tweak if I feel like it.
Made a big batch of this and they're in the freezer now=)
Yum the perfect meal prep idea ! x
Amazing brekkie!! Totally in love with this
So glad you love it as much as I do Maitri:)
Best recipe for a quick breaky that is super healthy!! I love making these baked oats . I was so amazed how well mine turned out and how super easy it was !!
Thank you so much for always showing us new ideas ! Please make a cook book ♥️
God Bless You
So happy you love them too Melissa, I have them most days myself hehe x
You're most welcome sweety, its definitely been on my mind 🙂
I’ve been trying different baked oat recipes lately, this is one of the best i tried . I love your cooking and your energy
Aw thank you, so nice to hear lovely 🙂 xxxx
I have been following Cooking With Ayeh for some time now, I have tried almost every recipe and told everyone about them.
This dish in particular is my fav. I make it in the morning before I head off to work and if there is some left I have it with tea when I get back in from work!
Aww this is the nicest compliment! So glad you have been loving my recipes dear xxx
So yummy and easy
Its one of my favs too lovely 🙂
Absolutely love this recipe! I also tried the biscoff version that i found on Ayeh’s TikTok account, both recipes are delicious and 100% worth the try!!
So happy you love it as much as I do Rebecca, Biscoff is one of mt favs too ! x
This really hits the spot when I'm in the mood for a mug cake but also don't want to feel super guilty for being unhealthy. It satisfies my craving quite well! Easy to make with a microwave, though make sure you use a very tall mug to prevent overspill because the cake rises very high well heated but will deflate when cooling. I also like to microwave my cake for about 1 minute longer because I don't like runny residue and prefer fully cooked instead. I don't have a ramekin, but whenever I get one, I will try this recipe again. Thank you for sharing!
Yes it definitely rises very quickly in the microwave doesn't it! So glad you liked it Lucy xxxx
Great recipe I made it with coconut and chocolate chips and with caramel and pecans.
Super easy,super delicious and my 4 year old loved it
Oh yum I need to try adding these toppings too! XXX
Is it possible to make a larger batch and freeze it? I mean still portion sized but just so that it is easier in the morning.
Hi lovely, yes you can! Then defrost and warm-up and will still be great xx
Beautiful baked oats even my fussiest child ate it, so good
Yay love that xxxx
Fabulous! Have been trying to substitute oatmeal for usual breakfast and not loving it. This has all the oats and tastes wonderful!!
Yes its so good right! x
I added a dollop of almond butter in tge centre before baking, and top with almonds & blueberries, was delicious
Oh yum love that!