Make oat milk at home in only a few steps, for a fraction of the price, and without any added preservatives!
This recipe will teach you how to make Oat Milk at home in only a few steps, for a fraction of the price, and without any added preservatives.
There are many options for plant-based milk these days with Oat Milk being one of the creamiest and popular.
This recipe is so simple, only requiring 3 ingredients and takes 10 minutes to make.
It's not only delicious, but it's also dairy-free, nut-free, and perfect to add as part of your breakfast, coffee, and smoothies.
I love using this milk in my smoothies as well as making overnight oats and adding it to some homemade granola.
Table of Contents
Ingredients to make Oat Milk
- Rolled oats to ensure best results. Dont' use quick oats as they will create a slimy texture.
- Dates to provide natural sweetness
- Vanilla extract to enhance flavours
Tips on How to Make Oat Milk
- Ensure not to over-blend the ingredients to prevent milk going slimy
- For storage, make sure to refrigerate in a sealed bottle for 3-5 days
- After you squeeze the milk out, you will notice you will have pulp left over, you can always use that for smoothies or for baking
Minutes later you will be serving yourself a fresh cup of Oat Milk!
More Recipes Using Oats
I love seeing your creations and remakes, so make sure to tag me and send me a photo on Instagram so I can also share the love.
How to Make Oat Milk
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 2 dates
- ¼ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 4 cups cold water
- Add all ingredients into a blender and blend for 20-40 seconds
- Pour mixture through a cheese cloth or thin towel over a large bowl
- Sift mixture through a strainer to remove any excess pulp
- Pour into your serving bottle and enjoy
- You can also use agave or rice malt syrup as a replacement for a sweetener