If you’re like me and have an obsession with Avocados, you are going to love these Avocado Fries.
They’re crispy on the outside, soft and creamy in the middle, which makes them the perfect snack!
You can add your favourite seasonings to the crumb. I've used my homemade Everything Bagel Seasoning which goes so well with the avocado fries with all of its different seeds and flavours.
To make them healthy, I have a method below for avocado fries in the air fryer and oven baked. You can of course deep fry them too but these methods are healthier options.
Crispy avocado fries are so fun to make, vegan, and would be great to serve as a side dish or appetizer.
Ingredients to make Avocado Fries
- Avocados, you want to select the perfect avocado, not too firm and not too soft, just right.
- Flour and Milk, provide the initial coating of the avocados. I’ve used plain flour and almond milk, however there are no rules
- Panko breadcrumbs is used for the external breading of the avocado
- Everything Bagel Seasoning, I’ve included in the panko breadcrumbs as the seasoning. You can add any seasoning of your liking. Commonly garlic powder, paprika with salt and pepper works a treat too
- Olive oil spray is needed to coat the fries before cooking. I like to use the extra virgin olive oil however you can use avocado oil as an alternative
How to make Air Fryer Avocado Fries
Time needed: 25 minutes.
- Preheat Air Fryer
Start by preheating the air fryer to 180°C/350°F
- Prepare to cook
Place avocado slices into the air fryer basket in a single layer. Spray the tops with olive oil and cook for 8-10 minutes. Turn them around and cook for a further 4-5 minutes until the second side is nice and golden
After air frying, sprinkle a little salt and serve with your favourite dipping sauce
How to make Oven Baked Avocado Fries
- Start by preheating the airfryer to 200°C/400°F
- Place avocado slices on a baking tray lined with a baking sheet in a single layer, making sure they aren’t touching. Spray the tops with olive oil and cook for 15-20 minutes until they are nicely golden and crispy
- Once baked, sprinkle a little salt and serve with your favourite dipping sauce
Avocados are healthy, containing many vitamins and minerals that include unsaturated fats. Making the fries in the air fryer or oven also offer a healthier cooking method.
This recipe is made vegan by using almond milk and flour as the base coating rather than using an egg wash.
Tips to make Crispy Avocado Fries Recipe
- Ensure to use ripe avocados that are still a little firm. However not too soft as they won’t hold their shape and not too hard as they won’t taste ready.
- Double coating the avocado slices in the flour and milk mixture gets them super crispy without the need for any egg wash
- Ensure to spray the tops well with olive oil before placing in the air fryer or oven so they become nice and golden
- Don’t overcrowd the avocado fries in the oven or air fryer. You want them laid in a single layer and not touching so they can become crispy
- Allow the fries to cool on a cooling rack rather than a plate so they don’t steam and become soggy on the bottom especially if cooking them in batches
More Avocado Recipes
- 1 medium ripe avocado
- ½ cup Panko breadcrumbs
- ¼ cup plain flour
- ¼ cup almond milk
- 1 tablespoon Everything Bagel Seasoning
- Olive oil spray
- Sprinkle of salt
- Squeeze of lime
- Favourite sauce for dipping (I’ve used vegan mayonnaise mixed with sriracha hot sauce)
- Cut the avocado in half, peel and remove the pit
- Slice avocado in thick slices/wedges
- Create a dipping station with 3 separate bowls. One for the flour, milk, and the third for the panko breadcrumbs and everything bagel seasoning combined.
- One by one, coat avocado slices into the flour first, then dip into the milk, then back to the flour, and back to the milkLastly, dip in the breadcrumb mixture and cover them well on all sides to make sure they're completely coatedRepeat the process for all the avocado slices
Air Fryer Avocado Fries
- Preheat the air fryer to 180°C/350°F
- Place avocado slices into the air fryer basket in a single layer, making sure they aren’t touching
- Spray the tops generously with olive oil and cook for 8-10 minutes (check to make sure they’re nicely golden)Turn them around and cook for a further 4-5 minutes until the second side has also browned nicely
Oven Baked Avocado Fries
- Preheat oven to 200°C/400°F
- Place avocado slices on a baking tray lined with a baking sheet in a single layer, making sure they aren’t touching
- Spray the tops generously with olive oil and cook for 15-20 minutes until they are nicely golden brown and crispy
- Sprinkle a little salt and serve with your favourite dipping sauce and squeeze of lime juice