This Mango Avocado Salsa recipe is light, fresh and easy to make. Perfect to serve on tacos, with corn chips or on the side of any protein.
This Mango Avocado Salsa recipe is light, fresh, and easy to make. Perfect to serve on tacos, with corn chips, or on the side of any protein.
The bright vibrant colours and delicious taste will take any dish to the next level not to mention it only needs 5 ingredients and takes less than 10 minutes to make.
Just in time to make and serve on Cinco de Mayo!
Table of Contents
Ingredients to Make Avocado Mango Salsa
- Mango is one of the main components of the dish. You can use fresh or even frozen mango if they’re not in season
- Avocado is used for its creaminess and goes so well with mango.
- Red onion gives a nice sweetness to the dish along with a pop of colour
- Coriander/cilantro is my herb of choice that is finely chopped. If you aren’t a huge fan, you can always substitute with a different fresh herb such as parsley or mint
- Lime juice is the base dressing for this salsa. It gives a beautiful freshness and zing
- Jalapeños are optional and provide a great kick of spice. Feel free to add more or less as you prefer
How to Make Mango Avocado Salsa
Time needed: 10 minutes.
- Dice and chop
Cut the mango and avocado into small cubes. Dice onion and jalapeño into tiny cubes. Chop the coriander/cilantro finely and add all ingredients to a bowl.
Add a good pinch of sea salt along with freshly squeezed lime juice
- Mix and serve
Mix together to combine and serve immediately 🙂
- Use avocados that are ripe but not too soft as you want them to keep their form and not become too mushy
- Also, do the same with the mango, you want it to be ripe but not overripe as it can become too soft and mushy
- If using frozen mango, I find it best to cut the mango when frozen so that it can be finely diced. It will thaw very quickly so no need to defrost.
- Add the dressing and mix right before serving to avoid it becoming soggy. If making it in advance, keep all ingredients separate in the bowl and mix together right before serving as over mixing it will ruin the texture
More Easy Appetizers
I love seeing your creations and remakes, so be sure to tag @cookingwithayeh and share a photo on Instagram so I can share the love.
Mango Avocado Salsa
- 1 fresh mango or 1.5 cups frozen mango
- 1 avocado
- ¼ red onion
- 1 handful coriander/cilantro
- ½ jalapeno (optional)
- ½ - 1 fresh lime squeezed
- Sea salt to taste
- Cut the mango and avocado into small cubes, approximately the same size.
- Dice onion into tiny cubes along with the jalepeno if including them.
- Chop the coriander finely and add it all to a bowl.
- Add a good pinch of sea salt and squeeze in the lime juice. Mix together and serve immediately 🙂
This is such an amazing recipe and it’s so refreshing having it here in the summers. Love love love it! Thanks Ayeh!
You're most welcome Mit, perfect for a hot day 🙂
It’s easy, quick to prepare and incredibly good. The perfect recipe for a mango avocado salsa!
So nice and fresh , its great for a hot day or bbq 🙂