These Pasta Chips are the perfect crunchy snack, easily made in the air fryer or baked in the oven.
The latest food trend going on Tiktok is Pasta Chips! Yep, you read right Pasta Chips!
I was totally skeptical at first and was a little scared to try them. I mean it seems criminal to turn pasta into chips right?
They looked so good though so I couldn’t resist, and I’m so glad I did! They turned out so crispy like potato chips with the perfect crunch.
This recipe is easy to make in 10 minutes to cook in an airfryer. I’ve also made a batch in the oven below for anyone that doesn’t have an airfryer.
Pasta Chips are definitely worth the hype and a snack you must try!
Ingredients to make Pasta Chips
- Pasta, short pasta should be used and the shape works best if it can scoop up the sauce. In this recipe, I’ve used farfalle (bow tie pasta) but shells, rigatoni or even fusilli pasta would work too. Gluten-free and pulse pasta are also great options
- Olive oil is my preferred oil however you can also use avocado oil or your oil of choice
- Oregano gives it that nice aroma and herb flavour
- Garlic powder for all my fellow garlic lovers
- Parmigiano Reggiano cheese (parmesan cheese) always makes everything better! Or you can also use nutritional yeast to make a vegan option
- Chili flakes (optional) for that kick
- Everything Bagel Seasoning
- Chili Powder
How to make Air Fried Pasta Chips
Time needed: 17 minutes.
- Cook Pasta
Boil pasta of choice as per packet instructions
Drain pasta and season with olive oil, oregano, garlic powder, grated Parmigiano Reggiano and chili flakes. Mix to combine
- Cook in Air Fryer
Cook in a preheated Air Fryer for 10-12 minutes at 180°C/350°F, shaking half way until they are golden brown
How to make Oven Baked Pasta Chips
- Boil pasta of choice as per packet instructions
- Drain pasta and season with olive oil, oregano, garlic powder, grated Parmigiano Reggiano and chili flakes. Mix to combine
- Cook in a preheated Oven for 17-20 minutes at 200°C/400°F
Yes, they make for the perfect snack, which is super golden and crispy
Pasta chips are healthier than regular potato chips if they are air fried or oven baked
You can easily make them vegan by ensuring the pasta you are using doesn't include any eggs (most pasta is usually made with only flour and water) also ensure the seasonings you are using are vegan such as herbs, spices and nutritional yeast
More Easy Snacks
- 200 g short pasta (I've used Farfalle)
- 3 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano or Italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 20 g Parmigiano Reggiano Cheese
- Chilli flakes (optional)
- In a large pot, boil pasta in salted water as per the packet instructions. They should be cooked just over aldente
- Drain and place into a bowl. Season with olive oil, oregano, garlic powder and chili flakes (optional)
- Grate in the parmesan cheese and mix well so all the pasta is nicely coated
Air Fryer Pasta Chips
- Cook in a preheated airfryer for 10-12 minutes at 180°C/350°F, shaking half way until they are golden brown
Oven Baked Pasta Chips
- Place pasta on a baking tray lined with a baking sheet or parchment paper. Spread the pasta out so that they aren’t overlapping or touching. Bake at 200°C/400°F for 17 - 20 minutes (depending on oven strength) until they are nice and golden brown