This homemade Everything Bagel Seasoning recipe is easy and cheap to make. Perfect topping for avocado, bagels, salads, eggs, and more!
The most talked-about seasoning these days is the Everything Bagel Seasoning! Since we can't easily purchase this seasoning in Australia and also some other countries, I’ve created my own homemade recipe that is super easy and tastes great with everything!
This recipe uses only 6 ingredients and takes 5 minutes to make.
Table of Contents
What is in Everything Bagel Seasoning
It's the perfect mixture of 6 different seeds and spices which taste great together. These include sesame seeds both white and black, poppy seeds, dried onion and garlic flakes, and flakey sea salt. A little sprinkle takes your dishes and snacks to the next level!
What to put Everything Bagel Seasoning on
This seasoning makes a perfect addition to:
- Bagels of course
- Oven Roasted Vegetables
- Beetroot Hummus
- Avocado and really anything!
How to make Everything Bagel Seasoning
Time needed: 5 minutes
- Toast seeds
Toast sesame seeds for about 5 minutes on a fry-pan
- Combine ingredients
Once the seeds have cooled, add dried garlic granules, poppy seeds, and flakey sea salt to a bowl and give it a quick mix
In an airtight jar or container in your cupboard or pantry
Tips & Tricks
- When adding the salt component ensure to use flakey salt rather than granules. This helps the texture along with the taste. In this instance, I like to use Pink Himalayan flakey sea salt
- Store in an airtight jar or container in your cupboard pantry
My favourite thing to add the Everything Bagel Seasoning to is sliced cucumber, avocado, boiled eggs and hummus.
More Easy Condiments
- Pangrattato (Crispy Breadcrumbs)
- Quick Pickled Onions
- Sun-Dried Tomato Pesto
- Peanut Sauce Recipe
- How to make Pesto
Everything Bagel Seasoning
- 3 tablespoon white sesame seeds
- 2 tablespoon black sesame seeds
- 2 tablespoon dried onion flakes
- 2 tablespoon dried minced garlic granules
- 2 tablespoon poppy seeds
- 2 teaspoon flakey sea salt (I've used flakey pink himalayan sea salt )
- Toast sesame seeds in a fry pan for about 5 minutes or until white seeds have slightly changed to be golden, on a medium heat.
- Let seeds cool in a bowl
- Once cooled, add all other ingredients and mix together
- Pour into a glass jar and its ready to enjoy on your meals, snacks, and next cook ups!