If you’re after an easy no-bake dessert that is rich and decadent then you must try this Chocolate Avocado Mousse. It’s super creamy and on the healthier side as it’s using whole foods plus the bonus is that it can be made in less than 10 minutes.
This dessert will certainly be one to impress your guests and loved ones, especially with Valentine's Day around the corner, or even just to treat yourself. My recipe is also vegan so everyone can enjoy this cup of sweet heaven!
Just when you thought you couldn’t love avocados more, you can now turn them into a luscious dessert which makes you want more with every bite.
Ingredients to make Chocolate Avocado Mousse
- Avocados, I prefer using Hass avocados for their creaminess. Make sure they are ripe and on the softer side (more information in important tips below)
- Raw Cacao powder is basically chocolate in its purest form. It’s quite dark and bitter on its own so when paired with a natural sweetener, it creates a beautifully balanced chocolate flavour
- Dark Chocolate, I have used a good quality 70% cacao dark chocolate for this recipe as I like the rich taste. You can also use milk chocolate if preferred which will have a softer milkier chocolate flavour
- Pure Maple Syrup is my preferred sweetener for this dessert as it’s natural and doesn’t have any additives. You can also substitute with agave or honey if you’re not vegan
- Coconut Milk, I’ve used organic coconut milk which adds to the creaminess. You can also substitute this with oat milk, almond milk, or your preferred milk
- Vanilla, a little drizzle of pure vanilla concentrate gives a lovely scent and adds to the flavour
- Sea salt, when making any rich dessert, a pinch of sea salt is always great to add which helps balance out the sweetness and richness of the dish
- Raspberries I find are the perfect accompaniment as they provide a fresh escape from the rich chocolate flavour. The gorgeous red is also a pop of colour. Fresh strawberries would also pair well
How to make Chocolate Avocado Mousse
Time needed: 8 minutes.
- Add ingredients to a blender
Add avocados, cacao, maple syrup, milk, vanilla and salt into a blend or food processor
- Melt Chocolate
In the microwave or on the stovetop and add to the other ingredients
Until completely smooth, regularly pushing down the sides with a spatula during the blend to ensure a silky consistency
Into little glass jars and keep in the fridge for 30-60 minutes before serving. Top with fresh raspberries and enjoy!
Tips Avocado Chocolate Mousse
- Make sure to use ripe avocados as the softer they are, the more creamy they are. If they are too firm, they will not blend into the same texture and the dessert won’t taste the same
- My recipe isn’t extremely sweet so if you like it sweeter, add an extra tablespoon or more of maple syrup
- Ensure to push the sides of the mixture down with a spatula during the blending process to ensure there are no clumps and it’s all blended into a smooth mousse consistency
The crazy thing is you can’t taste them! Ensure to use ripe avocados as they blend into a perfectly smooth consistency and flavour. The cacao and remaining ingredients create a rich chocolaty flavour that completely masks the avocado colour and taste.
Refrigerate for up to 3-4 days
Yes, as this recipe uses natural fats and sweetness without any added sugars or preservatives
More Chocolate Recipes
- Banana Chocolate Slice
- Chocolate Peanut Butter Overnight Oats
- 4 Ingredient Cookies
- Choc-Chip Hot Cross Buns
Chocolate Avocado Mousse
- 2 ripe avocados
- ½ cup raw cacao powder
- 3 tablespoon maple syrup (add more if you like it sweet)
- ¼ cup coconut milk or alternative plant based milk
- Dash of vanilla extract
- 50 g dark chocolate
- Pinch of sea salt
- Raspberries to serve (optional)
- Cut open and deseed avocados, scoop flesh out with a spoon and place into a blender or food processor
- Add cacao, maple syrup, milk, vanilla and salt into the food processor
- Melt the chocolate in the microwave or on the stovetop and add to the other ingredients
- Blend all ingredients until completely smooth. Open and push down the sides with a spatula during the blend to ensure a silky consistency with no clumps
- Serve into cute little glass jars and keep in the fridge for 30-60 minutes before serving
- Top with fresh raspberries and enjoy your rich and healthy decadent dessert 🙂