This vegan blueberry pancakes recipe is so healthy and extra fluffy making them the perfect breakfast or brunch.
Who doesn’t love pancakes right! They’re one of my favourite things to make for breakfast on the weekends. This recipe will show you how to make pancakes without eggs, which are so fluffy, super healthy and vegan!
Table of Contents
I use the following ingredients to make these pancakes super healthy and fluffy:
- Blueberries, fresh is always best but you can use frozen if you prefer, refer to my important tips below for more information
- Rolled oats for this recipe I use oat flour as the base. I create my own oat flour by blending regular rolled oats to form the flour
- Banana, the riper the better as it provides natural sweetness
- Milk, I use Almond or Oat milk however any plant-based milk will work
- Chia seeds as a substitute for eggs as they are key in helping the pancakes become fluffy
- Vanilla extract is used to enhance flavours
- Baking powder is used to increase the volume and adds to the fluffiness
How to Make Vegan Blueberry Pancakes
- Blend all the ingredients except for the chia seeds and blueberries
- Add chia seeds and blueberries to fold in
- On a pan, add some coconut oil and pour in a spoon of the batter to create a round shape
- After cooking for a few minutes, flip and cook on the second side for a minute
- Drizzle over some syrup and top with some blueberries
- Once the blueberries and chia seeds have been added to the batter, if the consistency is too thick, add a splash of extra milk. It’s always best to start with less milk and add more if its required
- You may also use frozen blueberries, however first let them de-frost before cooking with them.
- If you are celiac or cannot eat gluten, you can substitute the rolled oats for a gluten free flour
Drizzle over some maple syrup right before serving and enjoy your blueberry pancakes! The best part is when the blueberries burst in your mouth with every bite 🙂
More Breakfast Recipes
- Zucchini Corn Fritters
- Healthy French Toast
- Baked Oats
- Vegan Blueberry Pancakes
- Overnight Weetabix
- Custard Yogurt Toast
- Vegetarian Breakfast Burrito
- Pesto Eggs
Vegan Blueberry Pancakes
- ½ cup blueberries
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1 ripe banana
- ½ cup almond milk
- ¼ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- Coconut oil for frying
- Maple or rice malt syrup
- Extra blueberries
- Add rolled oats to a blender and blend until a flour texture is achieved
- Add banana, milk, vanilla and baking powder and blend mixture until a batter consistency is achieved
- Add chia seeds and blueberries and fold in with a spoon. If the batter is too thick, add a splash of extra milk
- On a pan, add a small amount of coconut oil and once heated, pour in spoon of the pancake mixture to create a round pancake shape.
- After a few minutes once some bubbles appear, flip pancakes with a spatula. The second side only needs a minute to cook. Place on a plate and continue until batter is all used.
- Stack in a pile, drizzle over some syrup and dig in!