This Peanut Noodles recipe comes together in 15 minutes. It makes for an easy dinner using noodles, tofu, veggies with a creamy peanut sauce.
These creamy Peanut Noodles are one of my favourite easy weeknight dinners! It all comes together in 15 minutes and the best part is the homemade creamy Peanut Sauce 🙂
If you’re like me and LOVE peanut butter, this is the recipe for you hehe
This creamy Peanut Noodles recipe is also vegan and can easily be made gluten-free too!
Making your own sauce is much healthier than many store-bought sauces that can be full of preservatives.
Table of Contents
Why you'll love this recipe
- Quick and Easy. This recipe is the perfect balance of taste and simplicity. In just 15 minutes, you can whip up a satisfying meal that will impress everytime
2. Versatile and Customizable. What's great about this recipe is you can make many variations with whatever ingredients you have on hand. Use any noodles, protein and vegetables you have in your kitchen. You then make the sauce, combine together and you're done!
- Crowd-Pleaser. The combination of creamy peanut butter, soy sauce, and aromatic sesame oil, this recipe tastes like satay noodles or Thai peanut noodles which are a guaranteed crowd-pleaser!
Ingredients to make Creamy Peanut Noodles
- Rice noodles are my preferred noodles to use in this dish which are also gluten-free. Feel free to use your favourite noodles such as udon noodles, soba noodles, ramen noodles or even spaghetti pasta
- Firm tofu is crumbled or grated then sautéed for the protein. Seitan would also work great and if you're not vegan, you can also use chicken
- I love making peanut noodles with vegetables - here I've added bok choy and also thinly sliced green cabbage. Green or red bell peppers / capsicum, broccoli, mushrooms, carrots, snap peas or any other vegetables would also work great too. Just use what you have on hand!
- Peanut butter of course is the star! Ensure to always use natural peanut butter which only has peanuts and possibly salt as an ingredient. I prefer to use smooth peanut butter for its creamy consistency, however, you can also use crunchy peanut butter
- Soy sauce, I prefer using low sodium soy sauce however regular is also fine. For a gluten-free option, you can also use tamari
- Maple syrup is used for its natural sweetness, you can also use honey or agave
- Rice wine vinegar or rice vinegar is used for its acidity to balance out the sweet and salty flavors, you can also use apple cider vinegar
- Ginger, I love the addition of ginger so I add quite a lot of it. However, I haven't noted an exact amount needed as it has a strong distinct taste that you either love or hate so feel free to add as much as you like
- Garlic for all my garlic girls! I add garlic in both the sauce and also in the noodles
- Sesame oil is added for its beautiful aroma and taste. You only need a quick dash as you don't want it to over power the dish
Adding a little garnish always makes any dish look and taste better right!
Here are some of my favorites to add to these peanut sauce noodles:
- Crushed peanuts
- Chopped green onions
- Red pepper flakes
- Fresh lime juice
- Toasted sesame seeds
- Chili sauce or chili oil to make them spicy peanut noodles
How to make Creamy Peanut Noodles
Say hello to the perfect weeknight dinner, made in the below simple steps. This is one dish that will never let you down!
- Start by making the sauce. In a bowl, grate garlic and ginger and add all the remaining peanut sauce ingredients then whisk
Chop and Cook
- Prepare ingredients by chopping up green cabbage, green onions, garlic, and boy choy
- Saute garlic in oil and once browning, use your hands to crumble in the tofu (you can also grate it). Add the veggies and saute for a few minutes. At the same time, cook the noodles in boiling water
- Add 2 tablespoons of the noodle cooking water to the peanut sauce and whisk until smooth. Remove the pan from the heat, add the noodles and pour in the peanut sauce then stir gently (I like to use chop sticks)
- To serve, garnish with crushed peanuts, green onions, red pepper flakes or chili oil and enjoy your creamy peanut noodles!
Tips for Peanut Noodles Recipe
- Slowly add water when making the peanut sauce, as the amount will depend on how thick or runny your peanut butter is. You can always add more, but you cant remove it
- Don't overcook the noodles. Rice noodles especially are terrible when they are over cooked as they become mushy and will break
- Remove the pan from the heat then add the noodles and sauce. You don't want to cook the sauce as it thickens up very quickly and it will become less creamy. You could also remove ingredients from the pan to a large bowl then mix in the sauce that way
- Add a splash of the noodle water if the noodles are too dry. It will help the sauce thin out and become more creamy
- Don't over stir the noodles at the end. Rice noodles are very delicate and you don't want them to break
Making your own sauce is much healthier than many store-bought sauces that can be full of preservatives. Here I've used natural peanut butter along with low-sodium soy sauce to keep it healthier
Proteins in either tofu, shrimp, seitan, or chicken and vegetables, such as bok choy, carrots, cabbage and mushrooms
More Asian Recipes
More Easy Dinners
I love seeing your creations and remakes, so be sure to rate the recipe, comment and share your Peanut Noodles photo on Instagram so I can share the love!
Creamy Peanut Noodles (Easy Vegan)
- 120 g rice noodles
- 150 g firm tofu
- 2 garlic cloves diced
- 1 baby bok choy bulb sliced thinly
- 80 g green cabbage sliced thinly
- 4 tablespoon natural peanut butter
- 2 tablespoon soy sauce or tamari
- 2 tablespoon pure maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon rice wine vinegar
- 2-4 tablespoon water
- 1 garlic clove
- Fresh ginger to taste
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- Crushed peanuts, green onions, red pepper flakes or chilii sauce / oil
- In a small bowl, grate the garlic and ginger and add all the remaining peanut sauce ingredients and whisk together
- In a large pan, saute the diced garlic and once browning, use your hands to crumble in the tofu (you can also grate the tofu). Add the vegetables with a pinch of salt and saute together for a few minutes until lightly cooked.At the same time, cook the noodles as per the package instructions in boiling water
- Add 2 tablespoons of the noodle cooking water to the peanut sauce and whisk together to achieve a creamy yet runny consistency. If it's too thick, add more water slowly
- Remove the pan from the heat, add the noodles and pour in the peanut sauce. Gently stir together and if needed, add a dash of the noodle cooking water to make them a creamy saucy texture (you can also do this in a large bowl)
- Garnish with crushed peanuts, green onions, red pepper flakes or chili oil or sauce and enjoy your creamy peanut noodles!