If you're a peanut butter lover like me you have to try my special homemade Peanut Sauce Recipe. It's thick, creamy, and is the perfect dipping sauce to serve with my Fresh Summer Rolls.
You can also add it to stir-fries to create a satay sauce, add it to noodles, chicken, and even salads. I also love using it as a dipping sauce with Crispy Tofu.
This is a simple peanut sauce recipe that can be made in less than 5 minutes and is much healthier than many store-bought sauces that can be full of preservatives.
Its also vegan and can easily be made into a gluten free version too.
Ingredients to Make Peanut Sauce Recipe
- Peanut Butter, ensure to always use natural peanut butter which only has peanuts and possibly salt as an ingredient. I prefer to use smooth peanut butter for its creamy consistency, however, you can also use crunchy peanut butter
- Soy sauce, I prefer using a salt-reduced soy sauce however regular is also fine. For a gluten-free option, you can also use tamari
- Maple syrup is used for its natural sweetness, you can also use honey or agave
- Rice wine vinegar is used for its acidity to balance out the sweet and salty flavours
- Ginger, I love the addition of ginger so I add quite a lot of it. However, I haven't noted an exact amount needed as it has a strong distinct taste that you either love or hate so feel free to add as much as you like.
- Garlic also gives a nice kick to the sauce, if you love garlic, feel free to add more than one clove
- Chilli (optional) for some optional spice, add red chilli flakes to bring some heat
Tips for easy Peanut Sauce Recipe
- It's much easier to mix all the ingredients together by using a whisk as it breaks through the clumps quicker
- If you don't have a whisk you can still mix with a spoon or fork, it will just take longer to create a thick creamy consistency. Be patient and keep mixing
- Always start with less milk/water and add more slowly if needed
- For a thinner sauce consistency, if adding to noodles or another dish, slowly add more water and whisk to thin it out
My Peanut Sauce recipe is made of peanut butter, soy sauce, maple syrup, fresh ginger, rice wine vinegar, garlic, and almond milk. You can use water instead of milk which will last longer but I prefer using milk.
It's perfect as a dipping sauce for summer rolls, it can be added to stir-fries to create a satay sauce, added to noodles, chicken, and salads.
Up to 2-3 weeks if using water in the sauce. If using milk, 3-4 days. When keeping in the fridge, the sauce will thicken quite quickly. Not to stress, add more milk or water to thin it out and give it a good mix.
More recipes using Peanut Butter
Peanut Sauce Recipe
- 4 tablespoon natural peanut butter
- 2 tablespoon soy sauce
- 2 tablespoon pure maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon rice wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoon almond milk or water
- 1 Garlic clove
- Fresh ginger to taste
- Add all ingredients except for the garlic and ginger to a bowl
- Peel and grate the garlic clove into the bowl
- With a knife peel back the skin from a corner of the ginger. Grate ginger to taste into the same bowl
- With a whisk combine all ingredients together and mix well until a smooth creamy consistency is achieved. If the sauce is too thick or clumpy, add a touch of milk/water to help it thin out.
- Enjoy as a dipping sauce, add to a stir fry, noddles or a salad.