This Peanut Sauce recipe will be your new best friend. It's versatile, flavorful, and so easy to make. You will add it to everything!
If you're a peanut butter lover like me you have to try my special homemade Peanut Sauce recipe. It's thick, creamy, full of flavor and is the perfect sauce to dip with fresh Summer Rolls.
You can also add it to stir-fries as a Thai inspired satay sauce, make Peanut Noodles, and even use it as a salad dressing. I also love using it as a dipping sauce with Crispy Tofu.
This is a simple Peanut Sauce recipe that can be made in less than 5 minutes prep time and is much healthier than many store-bought sauces that can be full of preservatives.
Its also vegan and can easily be made into a gluten free version too.
Table of Contents
Why you’ll love this recipe
- Easy to make. This recipe is simple and quick to make at home in less than 5 minutes
- It’s versatile. Peanut sauce can be used a dip, dressing, or marinade, making it a versatile addition to any meal
- Packed with flavor. The combination of peanut butter, soy sauce, garlic, and other ingredients creates a delicious, savory flavor that complements many dishes
- It’s nutritious. Peanuts are a good source of protein with healthy fats and is a healthier option than many other sauces or dressings
Ingredients and Substitutions
- Peanut Butter, ensure to always use natural peanut butter which only has peanuts and possibly salt as an ingredient. I prefer to use smooth peanut butter for its creamy consistency, however, you can also use crunchy peanut butter. If you are allergic to peanuts, you can also use almond butter as a substitute
- Soy sauce, I prefer using a salt-reduced soy sauce however regular is also fine. For a gluten-free option, you can also use tamari
- Maple syrup is used for its natural sweetness, you can also use honey or agave
- Rice vinegar is used for its acidity to balance out the sweet and salty flavours. You could also add a squeeze of lime juice or lemon juice.
- Ginger, I love the addition of ginger so I add quite a lot of it. However, I haven't noted an exact amount needed as it has a strong distinct taste that you either love or hate so feel free to add as much as you like.
- Garlic also gives a nice kick to the sauce, if you love garlic, feel free to add more than one clove
- Chilli (optional) for some optional spice, add red pepper flakes to bring some heat
How to make Peanut Sauce Recipe
Making this Peanut Sauce at home takes no time at all and is way better than store bought.
- Add all ingredients to a small bowl (peanut butter, soy sauce, maple syrup, rice wine vinegar, almond milk or water, grated garlic and ginger)
- With a whisk, mix to combine until a smooth creamy consistency is achieved. If the sauce is too thick or clumpy, add a touch of milk/water to help it thin out.
Tips for easy Peanut Sauce Recipe
- Use a whisk. It's easier to mix all the ingredients together by using a whisk as it breaks through the clumps quicker. You can use a blender or mini food processor too
- If you don't have a whisk you can still mix it with a fork, it will just take longer to create a thick creamy consistency. Be patient and keep mixing
- Always start with a small amount of milk or water to help thin the sauce to your desired consistency. You can always add more, but you cant take it out
My Peanut Sauce recipe is made of peanut butter, soy sauce, maple syrup, fresh ginger, rice wine vinegar, garlic, and almond milk. You can use water instead of milk which will last longer but I prefer using milk.
It's perfect as a dipping sauce for summer rolls, it can be added to stir-fries to create a satay sauce, make peanut noodles, chicken, and salads.
Up to a week if using water in the sauce. If using milk about 3 days. When keeping in the fridge, the sauce will thicken quite quickly. Not to stress, add more milk or water to thin it out and give it a good mix.
More Peanut Butter Recipes
- Peanut Noodles
- Snickers Chocolate Bark
- Chocolate Peanut Butter Overnight Oats
- 4 Ingredient Cookies
- Chocolate Dates
I love seeing your creations and remakes, so be sure to tag @cookingwithayeh and share a photo on Instagram so I can share the love.
Peanut Sauce Recipe
- 4 tablespoon natural peanut butter
- 2 tablespoon soy sauce
- 2 tablespoon pure maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon rice wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoon almond milk or water
- 1 Garlic clove
- 1cm Fresh ginger
- Add the peanut butter, soy sauce, maple syrup, rice wine vinegar, almond milk or water to a small bowlThen grate in ginger and garlic
- With a whisk combine all ingredients together and mix well until a creamy desired consistency is achieved. If the sauce is too thick or clumpy, add a few spoons of milk or water to help it thin out. Always start with 1 spoon at a time.
- Enjoy as a dipping sauce, add to a stir fry, noodles or a salad.
Such a fabulous recipe!
Simple but effective dvd full of flavour. I used PB2 instead of normal peanut butter and reduced sodium soy sauce for a healthier alternative and it still turned out great! Going to keep this recipe in my books, will be making again soon, thank you!
So happy to hear you loved the recipe Haruna 🙂
This peanut sauce is next level delicious!!!
Yum its so good right! so glad you thought so too xxx
Gnam! justh tried with your summer rolls and I can only say... Oh My!
Thank you for this yummy recipe
Yum my fav sauce!! xxx
Not only is this the EASIEST thing you’ll ever make, it’s soooo good! I combined three of her recipes into one dish... Summer Rolls, Peanut Sauce (which is to die for!), and her crispy tofu (I replaced the panko with Italian seasoned breadcrumbs).... so, so, so yummy!
Yay So happy you like all 3 recipes Shauna 🙂 the perfect trio x
This sauce is so easy to make and so delicious with the crispy tofu and cucumber/avocado.
Highly recommend for a quick and tasty lunch.
Also it lasts in the fridge for a few days, so you can make a batch and keep it for a few meals
yummy yes I do the same and use it for different things 🙂 x
So good right 🙂
THE BEST!!! so yummy!
Its one of my fav sauces too 🙂 x
I found your Insta via a BLW group and watched your video of peanut noodles. My 2yo son wanted to see it and watched it in repeat, and asked for it again the next day “I want to see the peanut noodles!”. This week we made peanut noodles together for his lunch and he loved it so thank you for this lovely, super easy and tasty recipe. We will be using this again and we’ll be watching more of your videos for more inspiration.
Aww makes me so happy to hear! The photo you sent me was so adorable! x
This recipe is so delicious who would of thought the combination of these ingredients will work so well! Thank you so much and i really love how you use simple, easy to follow recipes..
You are so welcome , so glad you loved it
I love peanut sauce but always thought it was too complicated. Yesterday I tried your recipe and I am thrilled. Very tasty and simple. Next time I wouldn't add the garlic raw. I would rather fry it beforehand or heat the sauce.
Its so easy and so much yummier than store bought sauces isnt it xxx
DELICIOUS! When I was first measuring out all of the ingredients, I was a bit concerned the vinegar smell was full on. When all properly whisked together it was PERFECT! SO YUMMY! I wanted to just eat it out of the bowl
Heheh love this!! I could eat it straight from the bowl too 🙂
Made this for dipping my summer rolls into and, my god, this sauce is AMAZING! I've had rolls and this sauce twice this week already. Definitely going to be a regular recipe in the rotation.
Oh yay! It makes everything yummy 🙂
I made this with water, and it was amazing! Just the perfect balance of flavours. Thank you!
Amazing to hear Elisha, you are so welcome!!