This Vegetable Noodle Soup is so easy and quick to make, so I've been calling it my lazy soup.
It’s the perfect dish to make when you can’t be in the kitchen cooking for long or when you’re feeling sick.
With minimal ingredients needed, this Vegetable Noodle Soup is made in less than 20 minutes. It's also super healthy and vegan too.
Whilst it might seem simple, it’s delicious, soothing, and really hits the spot. Especially in winter, a bowl of veggie noodle soup is the ultimate comfort food.
Ingredients Vegetable Noodle Soup Recipe
- Onion and Garlic are the base of the vegetable soup bringing that their beautiful flavours once sauteed
- Carrots and Zucchini are staple vegetables in my fridge. They're both packed with nutrients and taste great in soup. You can also add your favourite vegetables, I've noted some alternatives below
- Vegetable Stock is the foundation of the soup. I prefer to use an organic brand with minimal salt added and no preservatives. You can also of course use homemade vegetable stock or substitute with chicken or beef stock if you’re not vegan
- Soy Sauce is added for a little saltiness and extra flavour. You don’t need to add too much as you don’t want the taste to be too prominent
- Baby Bok Choy is added for its vibrant colour and it’s also high in Vitamin C, iron and magnesium so it’s great when you’re feeling sick
- Rice Vermicelli Noodles are my favourite noodles to add in this veggie soup. They cook quickly and I love their light fine texture, plus they’re gluten-free too. You can use your preferred noodles too such as egg noodles, udon noodles or even risoni which is a type of pasta
Alternate Vegetables you can add
- Green beans
- Frozen peas
You can also add some protein such as cubed extra firm tofu or even dumplings if you would like but this is my classic way of making this vegetarian noodle soup
How to make Vegetable Noodle Soup
Time needed: 20 minutes.
- Prepare vegetables
Chop onion, carrots, bok choy, and zucchini into similar small cubes. Also, dice garlic cloves into small pieces
- Make the broth
Sauté onion until translucent and add garlic and sauté for a minute. Add vegetables and sauté for a few minutes. Then add vegetable stock, soy sauce, and season. Add 1-2 cups of water then simmer the pot over medium heat with the lid closed
- Add ingredients
After 10-15 minutes of cooking, add baby bok choy and rice noodles. Let it cook for 1-2 minutes and it's ready to serve.
With freshly cracked black pepper and some chopped parsley.
Tips to make soup with noodles
- Make sure to cut all the vegetables into similar size pieces. This allows them to cook in the same amount of time and it’s also easier to eat
- Ensure you sauté the vegetables at the beginning for a few minutes. This releases their flavours
- When making the broth, start by adding 1 cup of water and only add the second cup if needed
- Add the baby bok choy and rice vermicelli noodles right at the end as they only take 1- 2 minutes to cook
More Soup Recipes
Vegetable Noodle Soup
- 1 onion
- 6 garlic cloves
- 3 carrots
- 2 zucchini
- 3 baby bok choy
- 1 litre vegetable stock
- 1 ½ tablespoon soy sauce
- 200 g rice vermicelli noodles
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1-2 C water
- Fresh chopped parsley
- Cracked black pepper
- Prepare and cut all the vegetables. Chop onion, carrots, bok choy and zucchini into small cubes approximately the same size. Also dice garlic cloves into small pieces.
- Sauté onion in a pot with the olive oil for a few minutes. Once translucent, add the garlic cloves and sauté for a minute.
- Add the chopped carrots and zucchini and sauté all together for a few minutes.
- Add the vegetable stock, soy sauce and season with salt and pepper. Add 1-2 cups of water (depending on your preference on the vegetable broth).Simmer the pot over medium heat with the lid closed.
- Check the vegetables after 10-15 minutes to see if they are cooked and have softenedThen add the baby bok choy and rice noodles. They should only take 1-2 minutes to cook.
- Serve with freshly cracked black pepper and chopped parsley and enjoy my lazy vegetable noodle soup!