This has to be one of the easiest cookie recipes you will ever see! My 4 ingredient cookies are not only delicious but are super healthy, without any added sugar. This makes them the perfect snack, especially for kids.
The best part is they are guilt-free, as you can eat them at any time of the day, using pantry staples.
No baking experience required, all you need is one bowl without the need for any equipment, which means less clean-up. This recipe will make 6 cookies within 20 minutes.
They are a regular at my house and I’m sure they will become one in yours too.
Ingredients to make 4 ingredient cookies
- Banana, it is critical that you use a ripe banana. The more ripe and brown the better as it will bring the natural sweetness to the cookies along with helping the batter consistency
- Rolled Oats, form the base of the cookie. I would recommend ensuring you use raw rolled oats rather than quick or steel-cut oats to help the texture. If you are gluten-free, please substitute with gluten-free oats
- Peanut Butter is what binds the batter together and gives a nice nutty flavour. To keep the cookies healthy, make sure to use natural peanut butter which doesn’t include any other ingredients than peanuts and maybe sea salt.
- Chocolate, I prefer using 70-85% dark chocolate to keep the sugar content low. Also for the benefits of eating dark chocolate such as being high in antioxidants. You can also use dark chocolate chips. I personally prefer breaking the chocolate into chunks for a more rustic look.
How to make 4 ingredient peanut butter cookies
Time needed: 15 minutes.
Mash the banana
Add the peanut butter and oats
Add the chocolate
Roll into balls
Flatten with your fingers
Bake in the oven
Important tips for 4 ingredient oatmeal cookies
- I recommend using smooth peanut butter rather than crunchy as I find crunchy peanut butter dries the cookies out slightly with their texture
- If your peanut butter is hard or thick, I would recommend microwaving it slightly in a small bowl to create a smooth and runny consistency. It will help when mixing and creating a batter consistency
- Store any uneaten cookies in an airtight container in either the fridge or in a cool place. If left out they will last 3-4 days, in the fridge they can keep up to a week, that’s if they last that long 🙂
- After the 1st day, I always like heating the cookies in the microwave for 10-20 seconds before eating them. This melts the chocolate on the inside and makes them nice and soft.
More Healthy Baking Recipes
I love seeing your creations and remakes, so make sure to tag me and send me a photo on Instagram so I can also share the love.
4 Ingredient Cookies
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1 ripe banana
- 3 tablespoon natural peanut butter
- 20 g dark chocolate or chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 200°C/400°F
- Mash banana in a bowl
- Add peanut butter and mix well
- Add rolled oats and mix until well combined
- Break chocolate into small pieces, add to the bowl and mix into the batter
- Roll into balls and place onto a lined baking tray with baking paper
- Press down slightly with your fingers to create a circle shape and bake in the oven for 10 - 14 minutes
- Once cooked let them cool slightly and enjoy!