Oven Roasted Vegetables are a healthy side dish and perfect for meal prep. It's a great way to eat a variety of vegetables every day.
One of my favourite things to make for healthy meal prep on a Sunday for the week ahead is a big tray of Oven Roasted Vegetables. Not only is this super easy to make, but it’s also a great way to eat a variety of different vegetables every day.
They are great to add in salads, buddha bowls, nourish bowls, or even to eat as a side dish for any meal.
The best part is that you can alter it with different vegetables depending on the season and your preference because let’s face it, all vegetables taste better when they’re oven-roasted right!
You can also mix up the seasoning and add any extra spices you like, there’s no real rule of how to make it, I like to switch it up each time but this recipe is my classic go-to. One of my favourite things to add though is definitely Everything Bagel Seasoning.
The hard part is trying not to eat the whole tray on the first night!
Ingredients to make Oven Roasted Vegetables
The options are endless when it comes to what vegetables to use. For this recipe I’ve used:
- Orange Sweet potatoes
- White sweet potato
- Red onion
Some other vegetables that can also be used are:
- White potato
- Yellow squash
- Butternut squash/pumpkin
You can get as fancy and creative with the seasoning as you like or even keep it simple and plain. Here is my go-to seasoning that I’ve used in this recipe:
- Extra virgin olive oil, you can also substitute with avocado oil, grapeseed oil, or your preferred oil
- Fresh rosemary
- Dried oregano
- Garlic powder
- Everything Bagel Seasoning
- Salt & Pepper
Some others I like to add are:
- Smoked paprika
- Onion powder
- Onion powder
- Chilli flakes
- Eggplants can sometimes be bitter, so I like to cut them into pieces and place them in a colander with a good sprinkle of salt. Let it stand in the sink or on a plate for 15 minutes while you're cutting the remaining vegetables. The excess moisture and bitterness are then released as the eggplants sweat. Pat them dry with paper towels to remove the moisture and salt.
- As carrots do take longer to cook than most vegetables, I usually slice them into thinner pieces to ensure they all cook within the same time
- Zucchini does cook much faster than the other vegetables so make sure not to cut them too small as they can become mushy and overcooked
- Once peeled, slice the onions into quarters. This keeps them intact and brings a beautiful caramelized flavour. Try not to separate the layers as they can burn quickly.
- Adding the Everything Bagel Seasoning at the end ensures it sticks to the vegetables with the olive oil
More Meal Prep Recipes
- Fresh Summer Rolls
- Vegetable Frittata
- Zucchini Corn Fritters
- Mediterranean Frittata
- Chickpea Avocado Salad
- Healthy Banana Bread
- Mediterranean Pasta Salad
Oven Roasted Vegetables
- 2 carrots
- 1 large eggplant
- 2 orange sweet potatoes
- 1 white sweet potato
- 2 zucchini’s
- 2 red onions
- 1 head of garlic
- 3 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 2 sprigs of fresh Rosemary
- 2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 teaspoon everything bagel seasoning
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 180°C/350°F
- Cut all vegetables into similar sized pieces. I personally like to leave all the skins on all the vegetables, you can peel the carrots and potatoes if you like (refer to tips on how to cut some of the vegetables)
- Once all vegetables are cut, place them on an oven tray lined with baking paper
- Add the rosemary, oregano, garlic powder, salt and pepper and sprinkle evenly all over the vegetables
- Drizzle over olive oil to lightly coat the vegetables
- Once oiled, then add Everything Bagel Seasoning and place the tray into the oven to cook
- Remove from oven after 35-45 minutes once all vegetables are cooked to your liking
- Enjoy your beautifully oven roasted vegetables and keep the leftovers in the fridge ready to add to your meals and lunches throughout the week.