This super creamy Whipped Feta Dip is easy to make and perfect to serve as an appetizer for your next dinner party.
This creamy Whipped Feta Dip is so easy to make and perfect to serve as an appetizer when hosting!
You only need 4 ingredients to make the dip and it's made within 5 minutes!
Get as creative as you like with the toppings too. Here I’ve topped it with mixed olives and cherry tomatoes which have been roasted with garlic…. YUM!
I've also made a twist on the viral butter board with this whipped feta dip as a base. You must try it, so addictive!
Usually, whipped feta dip is made with cream cheese or sour cream. I’ve however made a healthier and lighter version using Greek yogurt instead!
It still turns out super creamy, with the yogurt toning down the saltiness of the feta too.
Serve as a dip with pita chips, pita bread or veggies which everyone will love.
You can also add the whipped feta cheese dip as a spread in a wrap or sandwich too!
Table of Contents
Ingredients to make Whipped Feta Dip
- Feta cheese I prefer using Persian feta or Bulgarian feta which I find less salty. You can also use greek feta or your favourite feta too. Blocks of feta can be used or also crumbled feta
- Greek yogurt is added to help the dip become creamy but keeping it on the lighter side. As a substitute you can use sour cream or cream cheese
- Honey is added for a touch of sweetness and to balance out the saltiness
- Extra virgin olive oil makes the dip lovely and silky smooth
- Mixed olives, I love using a combination or Sicilian and Kalamata olives
- Cherry tomatoes bring sweetness, I've used yellow and red grape tomatoes
- Garlic cloves and extra virgin olive oil are rubbed into the olives and tomatoes before roasting
Some great options to garnish the dip are:
- Chopped parsley
- Fresh thyme or oregano
- Extra virgin olive oil
- Red pepper flakes
- Black pepper
- Lemon juice or lemon zest
What to serve Feta Dip with?
- Pita chips
- Pita bread
- Sticks of vegetables
How to make Whipped Feta Dip
Time needed: 15 minutes
- Roast cherry tomatoes and olives
In a baking dish, add the olives and cherry tomatoes. Grate in the garlic, add olive oil and bake for 10 minutes at 180°C/350°F so the tomatoes have lightly blistered
- Make the dip
Crumble the feta and combine feta with the yogurt in a food processor. Blitz together and when needed, push down the sides of the mixture with a spatula.
Add the honey along with only one tablespoon of olive oil while the food processor is running which will help it blend.
Check the texture, it should be nice and creamy consistency. If it's too thick, add the additional olive oil.
- Garnish and serve
Serve the creamy feta dip in a serving bowl or dish.
Using the back of a spoon, make a well or an indentation into the dip. Top with the olives and tomatoes with a light drizzle of olive oil and sprinkle some fresh herbs for garnish
Tips to make creamy Whipped Feta Dip
- Only bake the cherry tomatoes for 10 minutes to ensure they are lightly cooked. You want them to still keep their shape and not become too soft or fall apart
- Add the olive oil slowly while the food processor is running. This is so it doesn't make the dip too runny
- Start with 1 tablespoon of olive oil and check the texture of the dip. Only add the additional olive oil if its too thick
- Don't over-blend the dip. It can get too soft and runny rather than being creamy
- Don't add salt to the dip, as the feta cheese and olives are quite salty. Taste it first once its all blended
- Use a food processor rather than a blender for the best texture
More Appetizer Recipes
- No Knead Focaccia
- Mushroom Tart
- Fried Oyster Mushrooms (Vegan Fried Chicken)
- Greek Bruschetta
- Rice Paper Dumplings
More Easy Dips
I love seeing your creations and remakes, so be sure to rate the recipe, comment and share your Whipped Feta Dip photo on Instagram so I can share the love!
Whipped Feta Dip
- 200 g feta cheese
- 120 g Greek yogurt
- 1 teaspoon honey (or more if you prefer it sweeter)
- 1 ½ tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 50 g mixed olives
- 50 g cherry tomatoes
- 1-2 garlic cloves
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- Chopped parsley
- Extra virgin olive oil
- Red pepper flakes (optional)
- In a baking dish, add the olives and cherry tomatoes. Grate in the garlic, add olive oil and bake for 10 minutes at 180°C/350°F so the tomatoes have lightly blistered
- Crumble the feta and combine feta with the yogurt in a food processorBlitz together and when needed, push down the sides of the mixture with a spatula
- Add the honey along with 1 tablespoon of olive oil while the food processor is running which will help it blendCheck the texture, it should be nice and creamy consistency. If it's too thick, add the additional ½ tablespoon of olive oil
- Serve the creamy feta dip in a serving bowl or dish.Using the back of a spoon, make a well or an indentation into the dip. Top with the olives and tomatoes with a light drizzle of olive oil and sprinke the fresh herbs for garnish