This Greek Bruschetta is a combination of a Greek Salad and Bruschetta! They're perfect to serve as an appetizer for your next party.
This Greek Bruschetta is a combination of two of my favourite dishes….. a Greek Salad and Bruschetta!
They're so fun and fresh, perfect to serve as an appetizer for a gathering or dinner party. You can also use the same ingredients and make the perfect lunch with a Greek Salad Wrap!
Every bite is a little flavor bomb and with the pretty bright colours, they are sure to impress!
Trust me when I say, once you have one, you’ll want another hehe
It's also super simple to make which you can prepare in advance. Have all the veggies sliced and ready to go along with your dressing. Then when you’re ready, make your crusty toasted bread and put them together 🙂
You can also make this easy Greek bruschetta recipe vegan too! Just ensure to use plant-based olive spread and dairy-free cheese.
What is Bruschetta?
Bruschetta is a classic Italian antipasto food that consists of beautifully toasted bread rubbed with garlic and drizzled with olive oil. There are many different variations of toppings to add to Bruschetta bread such as fresh tomatoes and basil, roasted vegetables, cheese, and even cured meats.
Ingredients to make Greek Bruschetta
- Baguette is sliced and toasted to make homemade crostini for the base. You can also use gluten free or wholegrain bread
- Cherry tomatoes give a lovely sweetness. I love using baby Roma cherry tomatoes
- Persian or Lebanese cucumbers are always my preference as they're crisper and have more flavor. Any cucumber will also be great
- Olive spread is added to the toasted bread. Olive tapenade will also be great too for the signature kalamata olives in a Greek salad
- Feta cheese is crumbled on top. You can also use a plant based feta to make the dish vegan
- Red onion you don't need much just 1-2 slices per piece
- Garlic clove is rubbed on the bread once it comes out of the oven for a light garlicky taste
- Extra virgin olive oil is added both to the bread and also to the Greek dressing
- White vinegar is also added to the dressing, red wine vinegar also works great too
- Lemon freshly squeezed is added to the dressing for some acidity
- Dried oregano is the herb of choice and of course very traditionally used in Greek salads and Greek cuisine
How to make Greek Bruschetta
Time needed: 15 minutes.
- Prepare veggies
Start by slicing cherry tomatoes into half and slicing a red onion thinly. Using a peeler, peel a cucumber to make cucumber ribbons
- Make dressing
Add 3 tablespoons of olive oil, 1 tablespoon white vinegar, ½ squeezed lemon, 1 teaspoon dried oregano and a pinch of salt to a small bowl or ramekin and whisk together
- Make crusty bread
Slice a baguette diagonally into about 20 slices. Place bread slices on a tray with a baking sheet and drizzle lightly with olive oil. Put in a pre-heated oven at 180C/350F for 3-4 minutes until they're nicely toasted.
Remove from oven and rub toasted baguette slices with sliced garlic clove
- Time to assemble
First spread on some olive spread, top with a rolled cucumber ribbon, cherry tomato and a couple of slices of red onion. Crumble over some feta and drizzle over a spoon of the Greek dressing and they're ready to be served!
Tips for Greek Style Bruschetta
- Toast baguette slices until they are well toasted on both sides
- Allow toasted bread slices to cool slightly before adding the toppings. This allows them to crisp up even more which keeps them crunchy
- Serve immediately once made as the longer they are left out, the bread will naturally soften from all the toppings
More Appetizer Recipes
- Persian Whipped Feta Butter Board
- Spicy Tuna Crispy Rice
- Kashke Bademjan (Persian Eggplant Dip)
- Vegan Crab Rangoon
- Rice Paper Dumplings
- Fried Oyster Mushrooms (Vegan Fried Chicken)
- 1 baguette
- 10 cherry tomatoes
- 1-2 Persian or Lebanese cucumbers
- 150 g olive spread
- 100 g feta cheese
- ¼ red onion
- Drizzle of olive oil
- Garlic clove
- 3 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon white vinegar
- ½ lemon
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- Pinch of Salt
- Prepare veggies by slicing the cherry tomatoes into half and slicing the onion thinly. Using a peeler, peel the cucumber to make cucumber ribbons
- Add all dressing ingredients to a small bowl or ramekin and whisk together
- Slice the baguette diagonally into about 20 slices. Lay flat on a tray with a baking sheet and drizzle lightly with olive oil. Put in a pre-heated oven at 180°C/350°F for 3-4 minutes until nicely toasted.
- Remove from oven and rub the toasted baguette slices with the garlic clove
- Assemble by spreading on the olive spread, top with a rolled cucumber ribbon, half a cherry tomatoand a couple red onion slices. Crumble over the feta, drizzle over some dressing and they're ready to be served!