This Strawberry Spring Salad includes fresh strawberries, avocado and spinach. It brings a beautiful natural sweetness and is so easy to make.
When strawberries are in season, I love experimenting and coming up with new ways to cook and use them in dishes. It might sound strange to begin with, but strawberries are amazing in salads, they bring a beautiful natural sweetness to the dish.
This salad has only 6 ingredients, without any cook time, which means you can put it together in less than 10 minutes.
Table of Contents
Ingredients to Make Strawberry Spring Salad
Each ingredient brings a different taste and texture which all balance each other in every mouthful.
- Strawberries, especially juicy and sweet when in season, so make sure they are fresh and you wash them well
- Spinach, I use baby spinach leaves as they are lighter in taste
- Avocado, provides a nice creamy element so make sure you use a ripe avocado
- Goats cheese, I like using this type of cheese as it's light and creamy with a subtle flavour. You can use a vegan cheese if you prefer
- Walnuts to provide some crunch
- Poppy seeds as they are rich in nutrients and antioxidants
How to Make Strawberry Spring Salad
Cut your strawberries and avocado, then I like to dress the salad starting with the spinach, avocado and poppy seeds in the bowl. This keeps the other ingredients from going soggy with the star of the dish, the strawberries placed on top to be the hero!
Once in your serving bowl, add the remaining ingredients, and its ready to serve.
Such a pretty salad couldn't be made easier! It would pair perfectly on the side of any protein, also adding some legumes such as chickpeas would be great to make it more of a substantial meal.
More Salad Recipes
I love seeing your creations and remakes, so make sure to tag me and send me a photo on Instagram so I can also share the love.
Strawberry Spring Salad
- 200 g strawberries
- 125 g baby spinach
- 1 medium avocado
- 50 g goats cheese
- 40 g walnuts
- 1 teaspoon poppy seeds
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- ½ medium lemon squeezed
- Sea Salt
- Wash all ingredients and cut strawberries into halves or quarters depending on the size. Slice avocado into similar size pieces.
- Add spinach, avocado and poppy seeds to a bowl. Mix dressing ingredients and pour over salad and toss.
- Transfer to a serving bowl and place strawberries on top. Crumble over goats cheese and break up walnuts on top and serve 🙂