This Quinoa Salad is colourful, fresh and super filling as it’s packed with protein and fibre. It's also vegan, gluten free and dairy free.
I’ve had this Quinoa Salad the last five days in a row, so it’s about time I share it with you! It’s one of those salads that make you want more with each delicious spoonful 🙂
It’s a combination of my 3 favourite salads recipes put into one which are my Mediterranean Quinoa Salad, Shirazi Salad and my Chickpea Avocado Salad.
This quinoa salad is so colourful, fresh and super filling as it’s packed with protein and fibre.
It's also vegan, gluten free and dairy free too so everyone can enjoy it.
I love having meals prepped in advance so that it’s ready to eat on busy days when you don’t have time to cook. This quinoa salad can be made in bulk for meal prep as it keeps well in the fridge for a few days.
Table of Contents
Ingredients and Substitutions
- Quinoa I love using Tri Colour Quinoa for its pop of colours but you can also use white, red or black quinoa
- Persian or Lebanese Cucumbers are my preference as they’re full of flavour and have less water, however standard cucumbers can also work
- Roma tomatoes are my favourite tomatoes to use. Cherry tomatoes also work great
- Red onions give a nice sweetness, shallots or spring onions can also be used
- Avocado gives a lovely creaminess
- Kalamata Olives are my preferred olives as they have a nice salty taste and adds great flavour to the salad
- Mint leaves add a nice freshness, parsley can also be used
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil is always my preferred oil especially for salads
- Lemon or lime juice is added for its zesty acidity
- Balsamic Vinegar is subtle and sweet. Apple cider vinegar or red wine vinegar can also be substituted
How to make Quinoa Salad
Time needed: 25 minutes.
- Cook Quinoa
Cook the quinoa and allow it to cool down. Here is my recipe on how to cook Quinoa
- Prepare ingredients
Dice cucumbers, tomato, red onion and avocado into small cubes. Dice kalamata olives and into small pieces. Then add all to a salad bowl.
Once Quinoa has cooled, add to the bowl and top with freshly chopped mint leaves
- Add dressing and serve
Squeeze in some lemon, add extra virgin olive oil, balsamic vinegar and season with salt and pepper. Mix together and enjoy!
Tips to make Quinoa Salad Recipe
- Cook the quinoa first and allow it to cool so it doesn't make the salad warm or ruin the vegetables from its heat
- I soak the onion in a bowl of water while I prep the rest of the salad to remove the harsh onion flavour
- Make sure to use a ripe avocado that isn't too soft as it can become mushy in the salad
- If making this salad in bulk for meal prep, I'd suggest not dressing the salad as it can get soft and will lose its crunch. I also recommend not tossing all the ingredients together until you are ready to serve
- Add the avocado on the day of eating so it keeps and won't brown or becomes mushy
More Chopped Salads
I love seeing your creations and remakes, so be sure to rate the recipe, comment and share your Quinoa Salad photo on Instagram so I can share the love!
- 1 cup cooked quinoa
- 2 Persian/Lebanese cucumbers
- 2 roma tomatoes
- ½ small red onion
- ½ large avocado
- 10 kalamata olives
- handful fresh mint leaves
- ½ lemon
- 2 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- sea salt and ground black pepper
- Cook the quinoa and allow it to cool down. Here is my recipe on how to cook Quinoa
- Dice the cucumbers, tomato, red onion and avocado into small cubes. Dice kalamata olives and into small pieces. Add all to a salad bowl.
- Add the quinoa and top with freshly chopped mint leaves to the bowl
- Pour over the dressing and lemon juice, mix together and enjoy!
This quinoa recipe was so easy to make and was delicious. My family loved it, can’t wait to make it again.
Yay so happy to hear this lovely especially that your family loved it too xx
Made this salad for work lunch - I just dressed it right before eating & it kept really well. Can’t wait to make again
Yay so happy to hear lovely!
So tasty and summery! This will be a weekly recipe I make from now on. It’s so refreshing and full of flavour. Highly recommend
So glad you love it too Laura! Its definitely one to keep on repeat 🙂
This salad is delicious!! Amazing the next day as well. It’s my new go to!!
Yay so happy to hear lovely xx
Absolutely loved this recipe! It’s my new go to!!!
Love this Lucille!
I have tried this twice and absolutely loved it! Super fresh and healthy!!
So happy youve been making it dear xxx
This quinoa salad was great. I’m always tryin to find a new recipe for quinoa and this one hit the spot. The perfect combination of veggies. So refreshing and definitely filling ❣️
Its my new fav too, so glad you love it as much as I do xxx
Omg.. can't stress enough how much I LOVEEE this salad!! Thanks for sharing!! I just stumbled across your chick pea avocado salad... making that today!!!
Hehe so glad you love this as much as I do! Oh yes!! Hope you love it too xxxx
Fast, healthy, but sooo delicious- is exactly the recipe that I needed to brighten up my Melbourne lockdown day!
I tried this wonderful meal and it was great had everything. My children who complain about everything I cook loved ii Thank you ❤️I can’t wait to try your next masterpiece.
Awww this makes me super happy to hear especially that your kids loved it too xx
This salad is going to be my dinner staple! So easy & SO REFRESHING! Your recipes are always the best!
Aww love this, so happy to hear x
Delicious salad that will keep you full for hours, love it! ✨
Yay it sure does right 🙂
Delicious! I’ve been stuck in a mindset that I need meat with every meal but this salad is so refreshing. Left me feeling full, satisfied and energised! The prep and clean up is so simple too!
This comment made me so happy lovely, so glad it changed your mind xxx
So yummy and easy to make! Super refreshing and keeps well in the fridge! Keeps me full with energised. Love it!!
So glad to hear lovely!! xx
Loved this easy, delicious and beautiful recipe! I was so excited to eat it I forgot to take a picture lol next time!
Hehe thats a compliment in itself 🙂 Cant wait to see it next time xxx
Delicious! Love alternating the recipe dressing w kewpie roast sesame dressing (which i recently discovered) to add a different flavour profile.
Omg yum I must try that too 🙂
I would give it 6 stars if I could!
I’ve always struggled with salads and put them in the “boring” category, but this recipe is a total game changer! It’s DELICIOUS and so simple. All I eat at the moment and long may it continue.
Thank you thank you! ❤️
Awww love this comment!! So happy you love it too x
This was so easy and good! I added shrimp for protein! Delicious
Yum it looked amazing too!
I absolutely loved this recipe. It was so easy to make and tasted so delicious. It has become my new school lunch!!
So happy you loved this as much as I do Abby 🙂
Delicious salad and very easy to make. I don't make a lot of Mediterranean style dishes, but this one was a big hit with the fanily, much to my surprise! The kids (ages 2-8) even went back back for thirds, and that's saying A LOT for these picky eaters. Will be a staple from here on. Thank you so much for sharing!
The best compliment to hear your kids loved it so much Marina!!!!
I love this salad! It's really yummy
Ditto lovely! So glad you loved it too x
this was so delicious and easy to make i had it for lunch and all my friends were asking for the recipe!
Yay! So happy all your friends loved it too Ava x
Any suggestions for a substitute for the olives, for a non-olive eater? Thanks!
Artichokes or even marinated red peppers would be great too 🙂
So delicious and fresh! I made this recipe without the quinoa because I’d run out and it was still super filling! Definitely will make again.
So glad to hear Eliza, its so fresh isnt it 🙂
Can’t wait to try the recipes
Yay hope you love it x
Made this and loved it. Use the quick packs of 2-min quinoa to cut down time! No fancy cucumbers? Use half an English cucumber. Only a regular tomato? Go for it! Lastly, I’d bought fresh basil instead of mint….worked fabulously. The combo of flavours is sooo satisfying.
Oh lovely to hear Stephanie and love the easy substitutions xxxxx Its one of mt favs too 🙂