This is my bruschetta with mozzarella recipe, which is so delicious, perfect to serve as an appetizer or even as a snack.
This is my bruschetta with mozzarella recipe, which is so colourful and vibrant and perfect to serve as an appetizer for guests or even to enjoy as a snack.
In this recipe, I've used fresh mozzarella cheese in the form of bocconcini, which are mini mozzarella balls. For the bread, I've used sourdough as it's my favourite.
This bruschetta recipe is easy only requiring 6 ingredients and takes 10 minutes to make.
What is Bruschetta
Bruschetta is a classic Italian antipasto that consists of beautiful crusty bread rubbed with garlic and drizzled with olive oil. There are many different variations of toppings to add to the bruschetta such as tomatoes, veggies, cheese, and even cured meats.
Aside from the tomatoes, equally important is the type of bread used, which can be rustic Italian or sourdough bread, baguette slices, or crostini (which translates to little crusts in Italian).
Ingredients Bruschetta Recipe
- Bread, I like to use sourdough bread but you can also use ciabatta or even a baguette style
- Cherry Tomatoes, I've used multi coloured yellow and red cherry tomatoes for that pop of colour! You can use roma tomatoes and dice in small cubes which have a good sweetness
- Bocconcini are mini mozzarella balls which are a delight and perfect for bruschetta as they are light
- Basil, always use fresh basil for that gorgeous aroma
- Garlic is key to enhance the flavour with each bite as it's grazed on top of the bread
- Olive Oil, I always use extra virgin olive oil for a more pure taste which is used to marinate the tomatoes, mozzarella and basil
- Balsamic vinegar, I haven't used in this recipe however it's commonly used
How to Make Bruschetta with Mozzarella and Tomatoes
Time needed: 10 minutes.
- Prepare mixture
Slice cherry tomatoes into halves and place them into a bowl. Cut mozzarella balls into halves of a similar size as the tomatoes and add to the same bowl. Tear up basil leaves into smaller pieces, add to the bowl. Drizzle over olive oil, season with sea salt, and let it marinate altogether for at least 10 minutes.
- Prepare bread
Toast bread in a toaster, pan, grill, or oven. Once toasted, slice garlic cloves into half and rub the inside of the garlic cloves onto the slices of bread.
Add some of the tomato mixture onto each slice of bread then top with some extra basil leaves as a garnish and enjoy!
Tips to make Bruschetta Mozzarella Recipe
- An important step not to miss out on is to ensure your mixture is set aside for at least 10 minutes. This allows the flavours to marinate together with the olive oil being the glue.
- Toast your bread for longer than usual so it doesn't become soggy
- Serve a generous amount of your mixture to your slices. Making sure you have a little bit of everything onto each piece!
- It's best to serve your bruschetta straight away so your bread still has a crunch and tastes fresh
More Easy Appetizers
Bruschetta with Mozzarella
- 300 g cherry tomatoes (I've used yellow and red cherry tomatoes)
- 150 g bocconcini cheese (approx. 12 mini balls)
- ½ handful fresh basil leaves
- 2 ½ tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 6 slices of sourdough/ciabatta/crusty bread
- 2 garlic cloves
- Sea salt
- Extra basil leaves
- Slice cherry tomatoes into halves or quarters, depending on the size and place into a bowl.
- Cut bocconcini into halves or quarters to be similar size as the tomatoes and add to the same bowl.
- Chop or tear up basil leaves into smaller pieces, add to the bowl.
- Drizzle over the olive oil, season with sea salt and let it marinate altogether for at least 10 mins.
- Toast bread in a toaster/fry pan/grill. Once toasted well, slice garlic cloves into half and rub the inside of the garlic cloves onto the slices of bread.
- Add some of the tomato mixture onto each slice of bread generously then top with some extra basil leaves as a garnish and enjoy!