Start your weekend off with a BANG, with my Bangin Breakfast Burger! Don't let the name fool you, whilst it's a super tasty burger, it's still on the healthier side. It's packed with protein from an egg along with natural fats from avocado and veggies to keep you satisfied.
This recipe is simple to make with 10 ingredients and takes 10 minutes to make.
Ingredients to Make a Bangin Breakfast Burger
These are the simple colourful ingredients you will need, that all have their place on wowing you with each bite.
- Brioche bun, but you can use any whole meal or whole grain bun
- Egg is the key ingredient being the main protein source
- Onion, I like to use a red onion for its sweetness
- Avocado is used rather than using butter and spread to the bottom burger bun, so make sure to use a ripe avocado
- Tomato, I like to use a firm tomato, sliced thinly to provide some bite
- Butter Lettuce, this type of lettuce just melts in your mouth and are nice and light, you can use any other lettuce as you prefer
- Cajun seasoning is used to sprinkle on the egg to provide a spicy element
How to Make a Bangin Breakfast Burger
- Toast burger buns on a pan, remove, then sauté sliced onions
- Mix sauce ingredients in a small bowl
- Cook egg leaving yolk intact and season with cajun seasoning
- Spread avocado on the bottom of the burger bun, lay lettuce on top followed by sliced tomato
- Add onions on top of the tomato followed by the egg
- Add sauce to the top of the burger bun, close the burger then enjoy!
Once it's all put together, slice your burger in half and dig in while the egg yolk drips down your arm! This is one instance where I won't complain about the messiness 🙂
More Breakfast Recipes
Bangin Breakfast Burger
- 1 brioche bun
- 1 egg
- ½ small avocado
- ½ small tomato
- ⅓ small red onion
- 2 green butter lettuce leaves
- 1 ½ teaspoons extra virgin olive oil
- Sprinkle of cajun seasoning
- Sea salt
- 1 teaspoon barbeque sauce
- 1 teaspoon whole egg mayonnaise
- 2 drops apple cider vinegar
- Slice onion into strips, tomato into slices and mash avocado in a small bowl.
- Slice open burger bun and toast insides on a pan on medium heat. At the same time, mix sauce ingredients in a small bowl until combined.
- Remove buns once toasted and sauté onions in half the olive oil.
- Push onions to one side of the pan and crack the egg on the other side in remaining oil.
- Season egg with cajun seasoning, sea salt and cook to your liking. I prefer the egg yolk to be runny so I don't break the yolk and cook it for approx. 3 minutes.
- Whilst egg is cooking, spread avocado on the bottom of the burger bun, lay lettuce on top followed by the tomato. Season tomato with sea salt.
- Add cooked onions on top of the tomato followed by the cooked egg.
- Add sauce to the top of the burger bun and place on top to close the burger. Cut in half and dig in!