Strawberries and cream is one of the best dessert flavour combinations of all time. This smoothie recipe is a tasty healthy version!
One of the best dessert and ice-cream flavour combinations has to be strawberries and cream! So I've created a strawberries and cream smoothie which is super healthy, great as a snack or post-training smoothie and tastes like you’re having a dessert in a glass.
This recipe is simple, only requiring 5 ingredients and 4 minutes to make.
If you're like me and love strawberries then I recommend you also check out my Healthy Strawberry Parfait, Strawberry Muffins and Strawberry Spring Salad.
Ingredients for Strawberries & Cream Smoothie
It only takes a handful of ingredients to make this smoothie:
- Strawberries, I like to use fresh strawberries however you can also use frozen strawberries. If you are using frozen strawberries along with frozen banana, you will need to add additional liquid to reach a smoothie consistency
- Banana, I freeze my bananas to then add in my smoothies as they provide natural sweetness and add to the creaminess
- Protein, I use one scoop of vegan protein which is 30g each serving
- Milk, I use Almond or Oat milk however any plant-based milk will work
- Desiccated coconut as a substitute for raw grated coconut
How long should I blend for?
Depending on your blender, 30-60 seconds will provide a smooth consistency. Be sure to taste as you go and adjust timing to your liking
Do I have to use a frozen banana?
No, but to make the smoothie thicker, I like to use a frozen banana as it adds to the creaminess
What can I use instead of protein powder?
If you prefer not to use protein powder, you can substitute with 2-3 tablespoons of greek/dairy free yogurt, touch of vanilla extract along with a sweetener of your choice, for example agave or honey
More Smoothie Recipes
I love seeing your creations and remakes, so make sure to tag me and send me a photo on Instagram so I can also share the love.
Strawberries & Cream Smoothie
- 6 medium strawberries
- ½ frozen banana
- 1 scoop vanilla protein powder
- 1 tablespoon desiccated coconut
- 1 cup almond milk
- Extra desiccated coconut and strawberry (optional)
- Place all ingredients into a blender and blend into a smooth consistency is achieved
- Garnish with extra coconut and strawberry and enjoy your dessert in a glass
Leave a Comment & Rating!