Green Smoothies are a great way to sneak in extra veggies. This recipe for a Superfood Green Smoothie tastes great and is full of nutrients!
Green Smoothies are a great way to squeeze in extra veggies everyday. I’ve created my Superfood Green Smoothie which is not only packed with superfoods and nutrients but is also so yummy to drink!
This recipe is simple and quick on the go, only requiring 6 ingredients and 5 minutes to make.
Ingredients to Make a Superfood Green Smoothie
- Spinach, always use fresh spinach to extract the most nutrients as spinach is rich in vitamins, magnesium and iron
- Kale is the queen of greens and includes a powerhouse of nutrients, full of vitamins, antioxidants and high in iron to name a few. Always use fresh kale which you can tell from it's colour, the dark the better
- Banana, I use frozen bananas to add in my smoothies as they provide natural sweetness and add to the creaminess
- Almonds, I use natural almonds to add a source of protein and fibre
- Milk, I use Almond or Oat milk however any plant-based milk will work
- Chia seeds to provide a source of fibre, omega 3 and antioxidants
What can I use instead of spinach or kale?
If you prefer not to use spinach you can substitute for dark leaf lettuces or arugula. If you prefer not to use kale you can substitute it for swiss chard
How long should I blend for?
Depending on your blender, 30-60 seconds will provide a smooth consistency. Be sure to taste as you go and adjust timing to your liking
Do I have to use a frozen banana?
No, but to make the smoothie thicker, I like to use a frozen banana as it adds to the creaminess
Perfect to drink first thing in the morning before breakfast or even as a snack between meals! I love drinking it with a few extra ice cubes on warmer days as a refreshing smoothie.
More Smoothie Recipes
I love seeing your creations and remakes, so make sure to tag me and send me a photo on Instagram so I can also share the love.
Superfood Green Smoothie
- Handful of spinach
- Handful of kale leaves
- ½ frozen banana
- 10 almonds
- 1 teaspoon chia seeds
- ¾ cup almond milk
- ¾ cup cold water
- Place all ingredients in a blender and blend until a smooth consistency
- I like to use a frozen banana because it provides more creaminess, however, you can still use fresh banana
- You can also use Oat Milk or any other plant based milk
- To make it more of a thicker consistency, use only almond milk or reduce the quantity of liquid
I absolutely love your meals and recipes. Your healthy habits are inspiring! Thank you
That's so lovely to hear, plenty more to come sweets xx
I made a version of this recipie just this morning to have with my breakfast but it ended up being my breakfast as it filled me up! A great way to add extra vegetables into my day 🙂
Oh great! Its definitely a filling smoothie I love to have inbetween meals too which keeps me full xxx
The best homeade super green drink I have tried. Great taste to it.
So happy you love this smoothie as much as I do 🙂 x
This is my everyday breakfast! I add a bit of mango as its seasonal and don’t add any sweetener!! Love it!
The strawberry one is my winter to go breakfast ❤️
Oh I love adding mango too! so good xx
My favourite breakfast food now.
Have it almost every day!
Add a bot of mango for sweetness so don’t add sweetener.
Keep sharing more wonderful recipes. .
So happy you have it daily too!! x