One of my favourite veggies to use when in season is zucchini! They are so versatile to cook with! For the cooler months, I’ve created a warm creamy soup which is so tasty and doesn't require any cream!
This recipe only uses 5 ingredients to create a creamy and delicious green soup.
Ingredients to Make Zucchini Leek Soup
- Zucchini, the main ingredient for this soup, so you want to make sure they are fresh and feel firm
- Leeks, provide a nice mild sweetness but onion will also provide a similar result
- Garlic cloves adds to the overall flavour
- Vegetable stock is used as the liquid base of the soup. I like organic stock, without any added sugars
- Cannellini beans are used to bring a beautiful creamy texture along with the added protein and nutrients.
How to Make Zucchini Leek Soup
- Sauté leeks on medium heat and add garlic cloves
- Add the zucchini, season and sauté for 5 minutes
- Add cannellini beans and vegetable stock
- Simmer for 30 minutes
- Blend until smooth with a stick or stand blender
- Always sauté the leek for at least 5 minutes so they are nicely caramelised before adding the zucchini. Once the zucchini is added, once again sauté for a few mins and then add the remaining ingredients to simmer.
- If you are using a blender, make sure that your blender can take hot liquids, otherwise let the soup cool down before blending
I love serving this soup with toasted walnuts on top. They bring a beautiful nuttiness and contrast in texture which works so well. Enjoy!
More Zucchini Recipes
I love seeing your creations and remakes, so make sure to tag me and send me a photo on Instagram so I can also share the love.
Zucchini Leek Soup
- 4 medium zucchini roughly sliced
- 2 medium leeks chopped
- 3 chopped garlic cloves
- 1 litre vegetable stock
- 1 can of cannellini beans (425g)
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- Walnuts (small handful)
- Sauté leeks in olive oil for 5 mins on medium heat and add garlic cloves
- Once leeks have softened, add the zucchini. Season with S+P and sauté all for 5 mins
- Add drained cannellini beans and vegetable stock
- Simmer with the lid on for 30 mins until zucchini are soft and cooked through
- Blend until smooth with a stick or stand blender. Just make sure your blender can take hot liquid and if not, let it cool before blending
- Taste for seasoning and serve with walnuts to garnish