This fresh Peach Salsa is light and refreshing and perfect for a hot day. It’s healthy, vegan and takes less than 10 minutes to make!
This fresh Peach Salsa is light and refreshing and perfect for a hot day.
It’s also healthy, vegan, and takes less than 10 minutes to make!
The best part is you can enjoy it in so many ways! Serve it with tortilla chips as a snack or appetizer, on top of tacos or even enjoy with a spoon as a salad on the side of your favourite protein.
Tomatoes are normally the main ingredient in salsa, but I love using fruit for a sweeter salsa.
Ingredients and Substitutions
- Peach is the main ingredient for this salsa so it’s best when they’re in season. I’ve used yellow peaches but white peaches can also work too. Mango, pineapple, strawberries, and nectarines are also great substitutes.
- Avocado gives it a nice creamy texture
- Red onion is my preferred onion to use as it’s not as harsh. Shallots or green onions can also work too
- Jalapeño for some spice. I can’t handle too much heat so I remove the seeds and only add half of one. You can also increase or decrease the amount to your spice tolerance. Using a green or red bell pepper is also a great substitute.
- Mint leaves give a lovely freshness and are my favourite herb to use. Fresh mint is best to use. You can also use fresh cilantro / coriander
- Lime juice is added to the dressing for its lovely acidity
- Olive oil I like to add just a spoon of olive oil to the dressing. I find it balances the acidity of the lime
How to make Peach Salsa
Time needed: 10 minutes.
- Dice and chop
Dice peaches, red onion, and avocado into small cubes and add to a large bowl
Finely chop the jalapeño and mint leaves and add with the other ingredients
- Make dressing
Squeeze in the fresh lime juice, add olive oil and a good pinch of salt and gently stir together. Give it a taste and make sure the seasoning is on point
- Time to serve
Serve with tortilla chips, in tacos or enjoy Peach Salsa with a spoon 🙂
Tips to make this fresh Peach Salsa Recipe
- It’s best to use peaches when they’re in season so they have the best flavor. if your peaches aren't very sweet, you can also add a dash of honey
- Use peaches and avocado that are ripe but not too soft. If too soft they can become mushy
- Soak the diced onions in water for ten minutes before adding them to the other ingredients. This removes their harsh oniony flavour
- To tone down the spice from the jalapeno, make sure to remove the seeds
More Peach Recipes
- 2 medium peaches
- 1 medium avocado
- ¼ red onion
- ½ jalapeño (more/less depending how spicy you like it)
- Handful mint leaves
- 1 lime
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- Salt to taste
- Dice peaches and red onion into small cubes and add to a large bowl. Remove the pit from the avocado and dice into similar size pieces
- Finely chop the jalapeño and mint leaves and add to the other chopped ingredients
- Squeeze in the fresh lime juice, add olive oil and a good pinch of salt and gently stir together. Give it a taste and make sure the seasoning is on point
- Serve with tortilla chips, in tacos or enjoy Peach Salsa with a spoon 🙂