This Homemade Fries with Feta recipe is Mediterranean inspired and will take you back to Europe or the Greek islands with every bite!
Who doesn’t love fries right? Well these fries are not your usual fries you would have with tomato sauce or ketchup! My homemade fries with feta has a beautiful mediterranean taste and will take you back to Europe or the Greek islands with every bite!
This recipe is a salty and gorgeous combination made with only 4 ingredients and I show you how to make them in the Oven and the Air Fryer.
Table of Contents
Ingredients to Make Homemade Fries with Feta
- Potatoes, I use white potatoes and prefer leaving the skin on however you can also peel them
- Oregano is known for its aroma and utilised a lot in mediterranean dishes. I use this herb to season the fries before they are cooked
- Olive Oil like the oregano, it's used to dress the potatoes before being cooked to add to the overall flavour and texture
- Feta cheese is used for topping once the fries are cooked
How to Make Homemade Fries with Feta
- Slice potatoes into thick cut fries shapes
- Soak in a bowl of cold water for 20 minutes
- Dry the potatoes well, dress with olive oil, oregano, salt & pepper. Mix together.
- Add to an Air Fryer or Oven (refer to cooking times below)
- Once cooked, serve and crumble over feta
The combination of simply adding olive oil and dried oregano to potatoes and topping with feta will take your fries to the next level!
More Feta Recipes
- Crispy Feta Fried Eggs
- Chopped Greek Salad
- Whipped Feta Dip
- Baked Feta Pasta
- Spinach and Feta Triangles
- Persian Feta Butter Board
I love seeing your creations and remakes, so make sure to tag me and send me a photo on Instagram so I can also share the love.
Homemade Fries with Feta
- 4 medium white potatoes
- 1 heaped teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 ½ - 2 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 50 g feta cheese
- Sea salt & pepper to taste
- Slice potatoes into thick cut fries shapes. I personally prefer leaving the skin on, however you can also peel the potatoes.
- Soak in a bowl of cold water for 20 minutes.
- Dry the potatoes well, dress with olive oil and season with oregano, salt & pepper. With your hands, toss and massage all ingredients in a bowl to ensure all are coated.
- Heat air fryer to 180°C/350°F and place potatoes in to cook
- Take out after 10 minutes, shake fries around and place back into the air fryer.
- Check after 8 minutes to ensure they are cooked to your liking and serve on a plate (note if you prefer them very crunchy, they may need an extra 3-5 minutes).
- Season with salt, crumble over feta
- Preheat oven to 200°C/400°F
- Cook for 25-30 minutes
- Remove from oven, season with salt, crumble over feta