This Vegetable Noodle Soup is so easy and quick to make in 20 minutes. It's simple comfort food, vegan, and really hits the spot!
This Vegetable Noodle Soup is so easy and quick to make, so I've been calling it my lazy soup.
It’s the perfect dish to make when you can’t be in the kitchen cooking for long or when you’re feeling sick.
With minimal ingredients needed, this Vegetable Noodle Soup is made in less than 20 minutes. It's also super healthy and vegan too.
Whilst it might seem simple, it’s delicious, soothing, and really hits the spot. Especially in winter, a bowl of veggie noodle soup is the ultimate comfort food.
Ingredients Vegetable Noodle Soup Recipe
- Onion and Garlic are the base of the vegetable soup bringing that their beautiful flavours once sauteed
- Carrots and Zucchini are staple vegetables in my fridge. They're both packed with nutrients and taste great in soup. You can also add your favourite vegetables, I've noted some alternatives below
- Vegetable Stock is the foundation of the soup. I prefer to use an organic brand with minimal salt added and no preservatives. You can also of course use homemade vegetable stock or substitute with chicken or beef stock if you’re not vegan
- Soy Sauce is added for a little saltiness and extra flavour. You don’t need to add too much as you don’t want the taste to be too prominent
- Baby Bok Choy is added for its vibrant colour and it’s also high in Vitamin C, iron and magnesium so it’s great when you’re feeling sick
- Rice Vermicelli Noodles are my favourite noodles to add in this veggie soup. They cook quickly and I love their light fine texture, plus they’re gluten-free too. You can use your preferred noodles too such as egg noodles, udon noodles or even risoni which is a type of pasta
Alternate Vegetables you can add
- Green beans
- Frozen peas
You can also add some protein such as cubed extra firm tofu or even dumplings if you would like but this is my classic way of making this vegetarian noodle soup
How to make Vegetable Noodle Soup
Time needed: 20 minutes.
- Prepare vegetables
Chop onion, carrots, bok choy, and zucchini into similar small cubes. Also, dice garlic cloves into small pieces
- Make the broth
Sauté onion until translucent and add garlic and sauté for a minute. Add vegetables and sauté for a few minutes. Then add vegetable stock, soy sauce, and season. Add 1-2 cups of water then simmer the pot over medium heat with the lid closed
- Add ingredients
After 10-15 minutes of cooking, add baby bok choy and rice noodles. Let it cook for 1-2 minutes and it's ready to serve.
With freshly cracked black pepper and some chopped parsley.
Tips to make soup with noodles
- Make sure to cut all the vegetables into similar size pieces. This allows them to cook in the same amount of time and it’s also easier to eat
- Ensure you sauté the vegetables at the beginning for a few minutes. This releases their flavours
- When making the broth, start by adding 1 cup of water and only add the second cup if needed
- Add the baby bok choy and rice vermicelli noodles right at the end as they only take 1- 2 minutes to cook
More Soup Recipes
I love seeing your creations and remakes, so be sure to tag @cookingwithayeh and share a photo on Instagram so I can share the love
Vegetable Noodle Soup
- 1 onion
- 6 garlic cloves
- 3 carrots
- 2 zucchini
- 3 baby bok choy
- 1 litre vegetable stock
- 2 tablespoon soy sauce
- 200 g rice vermicelli noodles
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1-2 C water
- Fresh chopped parsley
- Cracked black pepper
- Sriracha or chili to taste
- Prepare and cut all the vegetables. Chop onion, carrots, bok choy and zucchini into small cubes approximately the same size. Also dice garlic cloves into small pieces.
- Sauté onion in a pot with the olive oil for a few minutes. Once translucent, add the garlic cloves and sauté for a minute.
- Add the chopped carrots and zucchini and sauté all together for a few minutes.
- Add the vegetable stock, soy sauce and season with salt and pepper. Add 1-2 cups of water (depending on your preference on the vegetable broth).Simmer the pot over medium heat with the lid closed.
- Check the vegetables after 10-15 minutes to see if they are cooked and have softenedThen add the baby bok choy and rice noodles. They should only take 1-2 minutes to cook.
- Serve with freshly cracked black pepper, chopped parsley, sriracha or chili to taste and enjoy my lazy vegetable noodle soup!
I saw this today as soon as the lovely Ayeh posted it on her page. I made it instantly! It’s so hearty. Like a hug in a bowl. It’s such an amazing recipe that’s quick & easy for a lunch or dinner in a hurry.
Can’t wait to see what else you have coming in the next few winter weeks! ❤️
So happy you made this one already lovely!! Such a simple soup but it just hits the spot right 🙂
I made this today was amazing really hits the spot and sooooo easy to make! Highly recommend
So glad to hear you loved it as much as I do Yasmine xxx
Really simple and super easy. Loved the idea of adding so many vegetables. My son isn't a fan but actually ate the vegetables in this soup. Very simple and delicious especially during winter
The best compliment that your son ate the veggies too yay!!!
So easy to make, so yummy. Loved it.
So easy right! So glad you love it Vicky xx
Made this tonight after meaning to since it was uploaded, soooooo yum on a chilly WA evening! Super easy and therapeutic chopping the veg! Also have enough leftover for a few lunch time portions. Thanks as always Ayeh ❤
Oh perfect Johanne, I totally get the therapy in the prep time 🙂 xxx
Made this for school lunches - was a winner with both my girls. Will also make a great weeknight dinner for those busy nights.
So good for a quick and cosy meal 🙂
So quick and easy to make. Love this recipe.
Thanks Renee, So happy you loved this recipe as much as I do 🙂 xxx
Love this! Made it tonight and was so easy and yummy. Thank you Ayeh
Yay its one of my favs too! xx
I love this Lazy Noodle Soup, so quick and easy to make and so delicious! I will definitely make it again and again.Thank you Ayeh!
You are most welcome Lidia, so happy you love it so much too! x
Turned out delicious! Will definitely make this again. Thanks for the recipe!
So happy to hear lovely, I make it on repeat too xxx
Just made this today & I’m obsessed! Reminds me of something my mom made when I was younger. So wholesome and easy and perfect for Melbourne winters. Thanks for the recipe, Ayeh! Will definitely be a staple for me now
I love that it reminded you of that! so happy to hear lovely x
Amazing!! So quick a delicious a lunch fave!!
So quick right!! xx
This soup was amazing! So tasty. Next time I will add a bit more liquid, or fewer noodles.
Great meal for a Meatless Monday. I will definitely make this again!
Perfect lovely! Yes adjust the liquid slowly to reach the perfect ratio as sometimes the noodles can absorb the liquid xxxx
Sooo delicious even my fussy 3yr old loved it. Thanks so much Ayeh for the yummy recipe
The best compliment that your little one loved it too! XX
It was amazing ! So hearty and warm ❤️
Like a nice warm hug 🙂 x
Absolutely delicious! And so quick and easy.
So glad you loved it too Belinda, its my go-to quick soup x
Made the veggie soup the other day for the family and I shredded chicken in it and it was just delicious! It was such a hit definitely a keeper and highly recommend. Thank you for sharing all your lovely recipes Ayeh
You're most welcome Rachel, so glad your family loved this too xxx
I love this Lazy Noodle Soup, it was so delicious and I’d definitely be making this again, Thank you for sharing all your lovely recipes Ayeh.
You're most welcome dear, so happy you loved this one too xx
Loved cooking this easy and simple soup, was hearty & hit the spot! Was great with parmesan cheese on top as well ❤️
Oh yum I havnt tried it with parmesan , I might try that next too xxxx
I just made this tonight with the veges I had left over in my fridge and it was soooo good , super quick and easy ! Will be making this time and time again !!
Its the perfect way to use up all the veggies!
This soup is amazing, I just love it. I made it so many times this winter. Would love to see a tomato soup that’s easy and yummy pls thanks
Aw so happy to hear! Yes been meaning to share that too, stay tuned xxx
This recipe is so easy and super tasty too! I actually made a blend of this recipe with the Shittake Mushroon Soup. Added mushrooms, dumplings and ginger into this one. It was amazing and super moorish!
Oh yum love that! Two fav soups into one 🙂
Amazing recipe. I think I may just have to eat this every single night from now on!
Hehe love this!
Made this soup for my family and we all enjoyed it so much. I love this kind of easy weeknight easy dinner. Can't wait to try more recipes!
The perfect easy dinner to feel nice and cosy 🙂 Yay enjoy dear, cant wait to see what else you try xxx
Loved this soup, such a quick easy soup.
Delighted to have found ur blog.
So glad you loved it dear and found me too! xx
Just made this for the first time with dumplings and it was amazing. So simple so tasty even hubby loved it. Thanks for sharing
You're most welcome dear, so happy you both loved this too!
Great quick dish with veggies. Me and my partner really enjoyed. Thanks
So glad to hear Chloe! Its so easy and cosy right 🙂
Dear Ayeh, I have a problem when cooking meals. As much as everyone is blown away by how good it tastes, it never tastes as good for me. My husband starred at me when I tasted the broth while cooking and said “yum! Oh wow!”
I do not have all ingredients usually available, so I adapt them, but thank you not only for sharing but inspiring me also to include more vegetarian dishes in my daily nutrition.
Love from Portugal.
Aww so happy to hear lovely! So glad you and your husband loved this recipe xxx
This was so good. Great balance of flavors and very satisfying. Thanks for a great recipe!
So glad you liked it Jose!
Sooooooo good! So simple! So delicious Thank you!
So so simple but just hits the spot right!! So glad you loved this one too Sarah xxxx
I’ve lost 4 lbs eating your wonderful, flavorful, dishes!
Thanks for sharing!
So happy to hear Shay, cant wait to share more xxx